“Good food”

Ranked #101 of 519 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Potturinn og pannan (The Pot & pan, since 1982) is a family friendly restaurant, popular for it's relaxed atmosphere and delicious cooking, offered at reasonable prices. We offer the modern traditional Icelandic Cuisine, based on our cultural heritage and local culinary traditions.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We ate at the restaurant twice during are stay mainly as it was attached to the hotel (Bjork). We were pleased with the food choices. I had fish of the day (Ling) which was tasty and well presented and reasonably priced. The same fish was fish of the day on our second visit !

1  Thank SAW68

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The food was good and the service was good. There was nothing particularly special about it though. We had a good meal- it was a buffet.

1  Thank Eleanor A
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We had a week at staying at Hotel Bjork to which the restaurant is attached. The Restaurant provides Breakfast for the hotel. Breakfast buffet was good plenty of choice for me as a vegetarian including cheese, fresh bread, eggs, cereal, toast, honey, jams, choice of juice and teas, fruit teas and coffee, fresh oranges, veg and melon. Cold ham and spicy sausage to keep the husband happy! Breakfast usually kept us going until dinner time and was satisfying!

We ate in the restaurant as it was attached to the hotel every night of our stay, we found it very convenient, comfortable with a good atmosphere, friendly staff including Zsolt who had arrived from Hungary the same day as we had arrived, he was very accommodating and would help us out with any request we had. The restaurant was a lovely place to relax after busy day trips out, quite reasonable, good quality food, good choice for vegetarians including pasta, pizza, soup and salad bar and veggie specials too! We had no complaints.

1  Thank LinzR1980
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of two British couples who described the food as 'lovely'. My spouse odered soup and the salad bar, I had the signature seafood au gratin dish with the salad bar. I don't know if British people like salt a lot more than I do, or if we just went there on a bad day, but the salt in the soup and in my dish were overpowering. I plucked the morsels of fish, lobster, scallop and shrimp from the sauce, but still failed to eliminate the salt taste. Sad, because both dishes looked good. The salad bar was pretty ordinary too, so little relief there. Pricey for oversalted food. The fresh catch of the day looked good, I wish I had ordered that - it looked like a very good sized piece of salmon/char. That would be my recommendation should someone go there - go for the catch of the day.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food was delicious and the sea food was amazing, the best we'd had since visiting Iceland. However the service was a little absent and we had to wait over half an hour before the bill came.