“Ideal Location”
other travelers have booked this property
V27-Stairway V27-Kitchen
V27-old harbor info
V27- old harbor walks
V27- Tourist bus
V27- Whale watching
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
John D
“Ideal Location”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in June 2018

The apartment is clean, comfortable, well-equipped and in a perfect location. We walked to shops, restaurants, pubs and sites, all within 10 minutes or less. Some of the best places to eat are one short block away. Parking is easy. We hope to return.

Angela C
New Jersey
“Literally our home away from home”
Reviewed April 24, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

This beautiful home was a three minute walk from the Old Harbor. It was literally down the street. We were able to walk to Laugavegur from our location. It was close enough to find places to eat it, but still far enough for privacy and quiet.

This home was well equipped with everything I needed to feel at home. Ketill and Sigga had more than the basic necessities. They even had a washer and drying rack for our clothes.

The home was well stocked with appliances, dishware, serving ware, pots, pans and different forms of entertainment. The wifi worked especially well in the living room area. The television had a enough channels to keep us entertained with our jet lag. In addition, they provided magazines, books, and puzzles!

I had the best time in Iceland. This was my second time visiting, and my first time staying at Ketill and Sigga's house. I went on 4 excursions and each of my excursions picked me up in front of the Marina hotel or Bus Stop 4. Both were within walking distance.

I would recommend this place to all my friends and family. The only thing that this house doesn't have is an oven, but that was fine with me. We cooked on the stove and used the microwave.

I definitely will be returning.

Your age range 25-34
Mothmith
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent small apartment in central Reykjavik”
Reviewed August 30, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed for 6 days earlier this month. Apartment is about five minutes walk from the centre of Reykjavik and two minutes from the old harbour. Convenience store (open until 23:30) is 50 yards away and three supermarkets within 10 mins walk, one open 24 hours, I think. Plenty of pubs and restaurants nearby and about 5 minutes from one of the bus stops that all the coach tours use.

Apartment, which appears to be a former shop, is on a street corner surrounded by old houses. Large living room with dining kitchen at one end. Electric hob cooker. Various other kitchen appliances including microwave and fridge freezer. Full range of crockery & glasses etc

Down wooden spiral staircase (some care needed), to spacious basement bedroom with large bathroom. Very comfortable beds and pillows.Washing machine in separate room full of permanently hot water pipes, excellent for drying.

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and had good weather throughout. Iceland isn't cheap but then none of the Nordic countries are !

Martijn K
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

Really great appartment, very centrally located with the city centre literally down the street. The hosts Ketill and Sigga are very welcoming and kind without being intrusive! We have greatly enjoyed our stay and will stay here when we are back!

Tristan W
“Perfect townhouse in a great location. Friendly owners who make it very accommodating.”
Reviewed March 20, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

If you're looking for a cosy accommodation near the Reykjavik city centre then this is the place for you. Was roughly a 10-15 minute walk to the city centre, not to mention a 2 minute walk to a pick-up point for all the tours. A perfect location.
The owners are so friendly and make the apartment very accommodating. My partner and I felt very welcomed by them. They asked us what our plans were (by this point we only had food on the mind) and recommended a restaurant on the harbour (with directions) which was incredible!
It is significantly less expensive than any other accommodation we found in the area.
I know that when I next go to Iceland, this will be the first place I try and book for myself.

Your age range 18-24
Ann K
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed December 26, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The apartment is very convenient to the town and airport drop-off point - Downtown Hostel. We enjoyed walking all over the city and the people were so helpful. It is an expensive city but we bought essential groceries and also ate out. The apartment does not have an oven or microwave but for a short stay it was not an inconvenience. The linen was luxurious and the apartment beautifully furnished and so cosy. Eye masks are provided and they were not needed. WiFi was excellent and books and DVDs were provided. Television coverage was excellent too: we didn't have time to watch it. The city is a hive of activity and very safe. We would love to return to V27.

Citysusan
KCMO
“Perfect Location!”
Reviewed December 6, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My adult daughter and I met in Reykjavik for a week and this spot was perfect for our stay! It was great to have extra room to move around in for the early riser (me) and for afternoons when we needed a quiet break from activities. We saved money by eating our breakfasts and a couple of lunches in. The apt is an easy 10-minute walk to everything good--downtown, harbor restaurants, 3 grocery stores and just 15 minutes to the Hallgrimskirja and the local swimming pool. That pool, by the way, is pretty fabulous and very reasonably priced. We started our day there 2x. The basement bedroom level will be difficult if you're over 6'2" but otherwise, it's a perfect place. The owners are nearby and very nice. If you're taking the Flybus to or from the airport, the Iceland Air Marina hotel is just 1 block away and one of their drop-off sites.

Traveling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing