Review Highlights
Just Amazing! Guide Adam was GREAT!

Just Amazing! A must do! This event was the Highlight of our trip! Our guide Adam was... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
lisamarierodarti
San Clemente, California
Great tour, wonderful day.

Our tour of the South Coast was all we had hoped it would be. Our guide was excellent and we had... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
George C

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $39.31
from $55.03
from $94.34
from $107.85
2,876 results
All reviews glacier hike day tour golden circle ice caving northern lights south coast jokulsarlon lagoon dry suit the bus black sand beach gas station lava tube super jeep tour small group hot chocolate and cookies private tour arctic adventures
Selected filters
Reviewed January 25, 2017

More like a 2 and a half drive around in a mini bus. I know the lights are not guaranteed, but on our drive around it was far too cloudy to see anything. For me it was a lot of money waisted. Everyone on the bus was of the same opinion that the tour should have been cancelled due to the total cloud cover. Cant fault the driver or the efficient pick up and drop off. The company did not contact us to say if the tour was going ahead though, we just had to wait and see.

Date of experience: January 2017
ExtremeIceland01, Marketing at Extreme Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2017

Hi,
Like you said, unfortunately we cannot guarantee seeing Northern Lights in our tour, but we always go well over the Aurora forecast before leaving and if there is a possibility of seeing them we do go out, on the other hand like in your situation you did not get the chance to see them we do offer you to go again free of charge another night.

With regards, Extreme Iceland

Reviewed January 24, 2017

We went out on the two day glacier lagoon and glacier walk trip. It was excellent from start to finish. Actually I was initially a bit disappointed when our tour guide, Alvero turned out to be Spanish. I was initially concerned that he wouldn't know about the country or care about it. Turned out I couldn't have been more wrong. He was outstandingly enthusiastic and helpful, polite and informed. We visited one stunning location and natural after another, timings were all sensible, driving was smooth. The overnight stay was in a friendly, functional hotel, after a reasonable dinner we were informed the northern lights were showing. A brief but spectacular show. Unfortunately cloud came in from the north soon after. My favourite was the beach at the glacier lagoon. Absolutely stunning and described quite correctly by Alvero as "super beautiful".

1  Thank Newportnose
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Went on a trip to end the year to Iceland a bit cold but all worth it,would recommend going to see the view of Iceland

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed January 21, 2017

We went on this tour on January 17th, 2017. This tour was on a minibus so we were picked up at our hotel - no need to go to the Bus Station and change to another bus. Our driver was also our guide. He was very good. He knew a lot of history plus had a few good stories to tell. We stopped at the 2 waterfalls and were able to really spend the time to enjoy them. It was winter and a bit icy so we didn't try to walk behind Seljalandsfoss waterfall. The glacier hike was amazing! I would say it's a bit more then a "moderate" activity but well worth pushing yourself to do it. We were lucky enough to be able to go into an ice cave. Our guide said it was just discovered 10 days earlier. I was a little scared because we had to go down about 15 feet to get into the cave but the payoff was well worth it. It was like nothing I had ever experienced - the cave/tunnel was curvy and we were able to go about 25 feet into the cave. It was narrow so at times you had to slide against the ice walls. There was blue ice everywhere. Oh, no need to be scared - the ice cleats got me up and out of the cave without a problem.

I would highly recommend this tour - we never felt rushed!

Awesome adventure!!!

2  Thank Kim J
Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

We used Extreme Iceland to book an ice cave tour at Glacier lagoon. We had our 8, 13 and 16 year old girls with us and the tour was well suited for them.
Although I think they use different tour operators, we were very happy with our "monster truck" that took us up the Glacier, our driver and our tour guide. Very informative and gave us some insider tips to some hot spots near Höfn (although we were headed in the opposite direction).
The cave was beautiful and they allowed us to spend as much time as we wished in the cave.
We drove ourselves to Glacier lagoon the day prior which I would advise. It took us about 7 or 8 hours to get to the lagoon with stops at waterfalls and lunch. The weather was dodgy and road conditions some what slow going.