“Caving in Lofthellir”
Review of Extreme Iceland

Extreme Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Extreme Iceland Tour Operator! Extreme Iceland is a fully licensed travel agency that offers scheduled tours and private tours, both day tours and multi-day tours. We organize extreme winter super jeep tours, activity tours, day trips, longer tours, car rental self-drive tours, accommodation, all sorts of celebrations or just basically anything you can think of. A strong focus is placed on providing the best available service. The tours are operated by Extreme Iceland directly or teamed up with other accredited travel agencies of high professional standard. We specialize in tour design and travel operation for both scheduled and private tailor-made trips, summer or winter.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Caving in Lofthellir”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good tour, really good knowledge from the helpful guide Oli. He was friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the beauty in the cave and the climbing through holes to reach it. Great fun, would maybe like something a bit more adrenalin pumping though!

Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Caving Tour with the Blue Lagoon”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The tour itself was actually very good. The thing is that
1) they cancel my tour one night before because not enough people, and put me on another afternoon tour...because of this change, I had to change my appointment in the afternoon...basically waste my whole morning on calling and waiting
2) the tour was actually running by iceland excursion, and it was the same tour as AH21 Iceland From Below & The Blue Lagoon, Iceland Excursion only charge 13.000 ISK, while exterme iceland charge me 16,990 ISK.

If you are interested in the "Caving Tour with the Blue Lagoon" just book the one from iceland excursion. They are the same but cheaper!!!

2 Thank pockethsu
Gloucester, Massachusetts
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Golden Circle Tour”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My partner and I took the Golden Circle day tour with Extreme Iceland (this tour promised a bit more walking than the other tours we read about). Our tour guide was very nice, although she broke into German every now and then which was kind of funny. She had a lot of information to share about everything we passed so we definitely learned a lot over the course of 9 hours! The bus was packed but the seats were comfortable and I think they planned the stops pretty well. We stopped for varying amounts of time and it was great to stretch our legs. The first stop featured hot springs and you could go off the trail and visit a little church. Be warned that you will be at stops with plenty of other tours so it's quite easy to accidentally start following the wrong group! We had a quick stop after this and then had to go back because 2 of our group had been left behind. Oops! The best stop was the Golden Waterfall. Beautiful. There was a restaurant that served delicious lamb soup and had tourist items at a great discount at this area. We stopped at some bonus places like craters and another waterfall. The tour went to a great church. We wrapped up at a power plant (you could see the exhibit for an extra fee- we were tired and passed as did most of the bus). They drop you off near your hotel in the end which was nice. I'd recommend this tour- it's a great way to see the big sites and they give you plenty of time to walk around and enjoy the scenery!

San Francisco, California
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“2-Day South Coast Tour is the Best!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked the 2-Day South Coast and Jokulsarlon Lagoon Glacier Hike tour with IGT but it was Extreme Iceland (EI) who actually did our tour. The two groups work together. I had the most amazing time with both their tours. They have wonderful staff and guides.

Our tour guide was Ragnar. I can tell that he really loves his job because he took pride in doing it. He picked us up from our guesthouse on time. He was very nice, knowledgeable, easy going and fun! There were 11 of us in the group including him. The road conditions varied during the 2-day tour and Ragnar’s driving kept us comfortable and safe. Our tour required us to stay at a hotel over night and the hotel that EI picked was at a farm in Hofn called the Gerdi Guesthouse. It was new, very nice and clean with wonderful views of mountains and a small lake. They served very good meals at their dining area so it was convenient that we didn’t have to drive elsewhere. It also gave us the chance to know the very lovely people in our tour. (They were so cool that we ended up hanging out with most of them during our stay in Iceland, and we’re FB friends!). The staff at the hotel was very nice and friendly.

We went to all the places and beautiful spots that were mentioned in the description of the tour. We saw spectacular waterfalls, endless lava fields, breathtaking sceneries from the beginning to the end. Ragnar was full of information and kept our tour interesting and memorable. Right from the beginning, the tour was very enjoyable. The highlight of the tour was the boat ride on the Jokulsarlon Lagoon and the Svinafellsjokull glacier hike. Ragnar fitted us our cramp ons and gave us safety tips before our glacier hike. He even took us to a nice spot in the glacier to take funny, cool pictures for our FB profile pic. Such a fun guy! It was one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had. Even if the weather was very cold, snowy and rainy, the tour was just absolutely spectacular. It was an experience of a lifetime.

And just when we thought our tour was over, we went to Dyrholaey to see the majestic view there and take lots of close up pictures of Puffins! The tour felt like it was never ending but in a very good way. It was worth every krono we spent. Thank you Ragnar, Extreme Iceland and IGT! I’m looking forward to coming back to Iceland and book my tours with you… and I’m bringing some friends!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ToniLuvsScuba
Sonora, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extreme Iceland Self Tour”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My friend an I went to Iceland the first 2 weeks of May and I used Extreme Iceland to book my vehicle and rooms. They left the choice of accommodation type (shared/private/hotel/farmhouse, etc) up to me and did a really good job in choosing the accommodations in the places we wanted to stay. When there was any difficulty they were quick to take care of us. I would recommend Extreme Iceland for your self-tour

2 Thank Deborah P