“Amazing seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mioborg
Description: A TRIP AROUND ICELAND OR THE WORLD? THE CHOICE IS YOURS. What to eat in Iceland? If this question troubles you then let our chef’s take your taste buds on a trip AROUND ICELAND, without ever leaving your table. The chef’s will assemble creative blends of food from land and sea, with a daring choice of spice from all corners around the island. The AROUND ICELAND is the most popular meal at the Fish Company, but there is one other that comes close in popularity, the trip AROUND THE WORLD. AROUND THE WORLD is a cruise around the globe, where the spices and herbs of the world are used to transform the local fish and meat into dazzling pieces of exotic cuisine. Both have to be experienced, so make the most of your trip to Iceland and visit the Fish Company. Let our waiter’s guide you along culinary craft, expertly crafted by our fine team of chef’s, for a voyage your stomach will never forget.
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Amazing fresh seafood in a cool atmosphere. Our choice was a 4 course menu; the taste of Iceland. Atlantic char and salmon were great dishes and althou the restaurant is famous for its seafood I had the best lamb. Service was very friendly and had lots of knowledge about the dishes.

Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

Off-season, the restaurant was only perhaps, 1/3 full. We were seated immediately, and had wonderful appetizers, and I have a poached fish that was the best ever!. Our experience here was not surpassed, until we went to KOKS restaurant in the Faroe islands. This is worth a special trip!

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank 944S2
Reviewed April 20, 2019

A very nice place to eat in Reykavik. very good food. authentic friendliness of the staff. the reaturant is located right in the city center. Best wishes, Sandra and Frank, Düsseldorf, Germany

1  Thank fschaffran
Reviewed April 19, 2019 via mobile

This fish specialty restaurant is outstanding, situated near the harbour. On entering the restaurant it has warm and cosy cave feel . Food is as expected predominantly fish and features ingredients from around the world . As in Iceland you know the drill on prices ....wine was eye watering expensive. All diners are presented with warm sourdough bread which comes with a pot of savoury granola and whipped butter along with the amous bouche of the day ours was a haddock tartare , with cucumber mouse and toasted rye crumb. The taste in this small pot was fantastic. Mains were incredible fresh fish - I had the artic char which was served with a beer foam , apples and sun chokes (not even sure what these are ! ) it was an eclectic arrange of ingredients but put together by a skilled chef . Desserts were a delight with hot sauces and frozen granita . The evening was rounded off by a complimentary glass of port a very nice gesture . Chefs here are masters of full flavour food creating an amazing culinary experience - thank you .

Date of visit: February 2019
3  Thank JJB2_13
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

I visited the Fish Company on a solo business/leisure trip. Solo usually means I’m cranky because I’m alone, but also more attentive to the restaurant since I have zero distractions. The atmosphere is dark, warm, and cozy. Even crowded it’s not too loud. It just works. The service was in the Goldilocks zone. Attentive without being pushy. I imagine this is a result of so many US customers. ‘European standard speed’ it is not. You all know what I’m talking about. Right up until I needed my check. Then it went full European with an inordinate wait for staff attention. In fact I wrote this entire review waiting for someone to show up at my table. I ended up walking to the bar to pay my check. This is not all bad, but my advice is either go US or go European, or go full Scandinavian. But creating a US service expectation from the outset but then letting that expectation meander off is super jarring.

On the food: I had the reindeer carpaccio. Marvelous. My only feedback is that the wonderful Parmesan shavings tend to swamp the the delicate carpaccio. I’d back them down by half. The salted cod was amazing. Tender, hot throughout, and indeed salty. A marvelous dish. The wines by the glass are distinctly ‘meh’ but that’s the price you pay eating solo. To sum it up, I’ll be back in a few months with 7 of my colleagues. This is good dining.

1  Thank 771michaelm771