“Christmas dinner was great”

Fiskfelagid - Fish Company
Ranked #16 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We did the world tour and it was good!
The quality is good!
The service is fine!
The speed is absolutely right!
The atmosphere is nice!
The lighting is a bit reserved!
The price..... well, I'll leave that to you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This restaurant was chosen by my colleague for a quick business lunch. While of course, they specialise in fish and seafood, I had a very tasty and elegant vegetarian dish from the dinner a la carte menu (fried kale & cauliflower carpaccio, youghurt vinaigrette & baked cauliflower, caramelised peanuts & cauliflower purée). It's still on the menu and is worth trying. Service was quick and efficient, and we felt it was good value for money. The atmosphere is also very nice and I imagine it could be a pleasant venue for a meal with friends.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We took the "around Iceland" menu with selected wines.
The concept : a few courses representing an area of Iceland. We had salmon, lobster, cod and lamb.
The lamb was greasy, the desert has no taste at all, there was a small portion of lobster (half a tail).
We were really disappointed by the wines : it was cheap wines.
The service was not as good as we expected.
For the same price or less, go to another restaurant!

2  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I can highly recommend this restaurant especially for fans of seafood. The food and service was near perfection. Great atmosphere also. The wine selection could be better and the price of a good wine there is high but it is the same in all restaurants in Iceland

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I’ve been fortunate enough to have dined in some pretty up-market restaurants in my personal & business travels over the years & the food quality, presentation & service in this restaurant is up there amongst the best I’ve experienced. My wife & I chose the “tour of Iceland” 4 course tasting menu; this might not suit more conservative tastes & my wife wasn’t entirely happy with a couple of the dishes which I duly finished off but I couldn’t fault anything & this restaurant is a must if you’re a food gourmet.

Be "prepared" the bill; the experience & food quality was exceptional but wine is expensive & the taxes are high. Overall cost was not outrageous though when compared with some that are charged by equivalent establishments in London or other capitals.

As an aside, I’ve also worked in Iceland & never had a bad meal at either end of the food price spectrum; the quality of chefs in Iceland seems exceptional.

1  Thank Richard C