“Fantastic!”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I tried the around Iceland menu and we loved it! We had initially wanted to book FriderikV but were not able to get a table so this was a second choice but I am so glad we ended up here - great atmosphere, friendly staff - nothing was too much trouble, food was amazing and the wines went brilliantly with each course. Would highly recommend! Its round £170 for us both ( 5 courses including wine all night), very happy to pay this for the quality of food and service we received.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Service was unbeatable, staff were very attentive, patient and friendly...but I'm afraid that's all I enjoyed about this place.

First of all, where we sat was cool but not warm, which wasn't very welcoming on a bitterly cold (-5C) day.

Then, I (wrongly) ordered their Around Iceland tasting menu. Apart from the main lamb dish was warm, everything was cold...icy cold! The first two courses were both cold seafood plus one of them included an apple sorbet. The dessert was another sorbet with frozen berries. I really think their chefs are lazy because that Around Iceland menu should be a summer menu, because who would want to eat ice in a cool room on a freezingly cold day?! Also, I think they have over-used the water bath, I didn't enjoy the 'raw texture' of my seafood at all. Likewise, my 'salmon junkie' hubby left his whole piece of salmon untouched due to the weird texture they managed to create.

Seriously, I won't go there again and won't recommend anyone...sorry to the front house as you've done a brilliant job!

1  Thank Seafood_Lover8
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Booked a table on the strength of all the other reviews. My four stars are for the experience rather than the food. Each course is like a show. I had the fish soup starter which is presented as a large bowl with lobster, scallops, monkfish and a few other pieces, then the waitress pour over it with the bisque. Staff are friendly and know their stuff. My friend and I agreed that the main just had too much going on and although every bite brought a new flavour combination, it was far too sweet.
I would recommend going just for the wonderful cosy atmosphere, beautiful decor and the blow your mind taste sensations.

1  Thank SuSidAlly
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our meals at Fiskfelagid were incrediable! I had the "Around Iceland" 4 course meal and my partner had "Around Reykjavik" 3 course meal. All the courses were beautifully presented and tasted amazing. The main course of around Iceland was the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant. The waiters provided excellent service explaining each dish.
Don't be put off when people say that generally Reykjavik restaurants are expensive, because these are "fine dining" restaurants which offer amazing fresh local food, I'm sure if you compare it to a fine dining restaurant in England it probably isn't expensive!

2  Thank MacalusoEm
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Went to this restaurant on the strength of other TripAdvisor reviews. Wasn't disappointed. Loved the unusual combinations used and though I am not adventurous I was very tempted by many offerings on the menu. Nice atmosphere if a little too dark for my taste. Definitely worth a visit and the prices were surprisingly good considering the standard on offer.

1  Thank Contessa1000