“Excellent introduction to dining in Reykjavik - highly recommend”

Fiskfelagid - Fish Company
Ranked #17 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Reykjavik and thoroughly enjoyed. The restaurant itself is a nice setting and feels very comfortable. The menu is obviously very seafood orientated, but there are plenty of choices, all of which looked very appealing, so it was hard to choose! All of the courses we had were excellent, very well prepared, good sized portions and lovely fresh fish. Service was excellent also. I would highly recommend this to others.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food here was amazing- outstanding quality.The menu was a tour around Iceland with ingredients sourced from different areas of Iceland and each dish was divine. An explanation was provided for each dish highlighting the area the ingredients were sourced from and the combination of flavours in each of the dishes was outstanding. It is possible to match wines, or they do have a suitable wine list. Wonderful.
The restaurant is only small- so book so you don't miss out.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friend and I had our most upscale meal in Iceland at the Fish Company. We had heard good reviews from our tour company and hotel staff. Since local people recommended the place, we gave it a go. Our Hotel 1919 front desk receptionist made a reservation for us ("a must"). The place was surprisingly small. The chef sent out a tasting for us that was terrific and our meals were amazing. The first thing you notice is how lovely the plating is. Each dish looked like a work of art. The unique combinations of ingredients made choosing a selection from the menu difficult. No worries because really anything you select will be Food Network-quality. Every bite tasted different. We thought we would splurge a bit on this meal, but ultimately the bill wasn't obscene. The only criticism I have is that our waiter was a snob and really not friendly at all.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Saturday night, mid October, our second night in Reykjavik, 'let's try the Fish Company'. 2 couples on a weekend break, with an expectation of spending £100 a couple for a good meal. AND WHAT A MEAL - a choice of food from around the world, with full explanation of each course from the waitresses. This exceeded all expectations, and Paul got to try Minke whale and Puffin. 3 courses, good wines, atmospheric, friendly, and when we recalculated our spending afterwards the costs was £66 per couple. Fantastic value. I just did not take pictures as I was so busy enjoying myself - the Canadian dessert was to die for by the way - sweet and appley. I only wish we had returned here for our last evening.

2  Thank WiltshireEngland
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The food here was just delicious, really special food. It was our first night in Iceland, and it made me worry that I'd got the conersion rates wrong, as I figured a meal so delicious would cost a lot! It really didn't though, a three course meal for two (granted we only had one drink each) was about £65 in Nov 2012.
The flavours were just so fresh and magnificent, and I tried things I'd never had before, a lot of skill goes into such cooking. The atmosphere was nice, it's quite dark, but it makes it feel very cosy. We were only in Reykjavik for 5 nights, but went here twice as it was that good!