“Around the World”

Neighborhood: Miõborg
Chicago, Illinois
“Around the World”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Perfect atmosphere for a romantic dinner for two! We decided to go with the ‘Around the World’ tasting, though I heard from others there that evening that the Icelandic tasting menu was phenomenal as well. Many courses, eight I think, of wonderful dishes including the pork belly, which I think may have been the best version of that dish I ever tasted. Though we did not opt for it, the incredibly knowledgeable wait staff can tell you the perfect wine pairing for each dish. If you go early enough reservations may not be necessary, however our reservation made by the hotel for us saved us the wait around 2000 when the restaurant really fills up, even on a week night. Overall, everything was wonderful, and being American, I got a laugh from the American ‘sliders and onion rings’ course. Very well done.

1 Thank HomeAgain098

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Dining in style on a budget!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Fantastic setting close to the City centre with a friendly atmosphere.

Top quality fish dishes that didn't break the bank all served with great service.

Would definitely go back for a meal again, one of the nicest restaurants visited in Iceland

Perth, Australia
“Great lunch food and service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We came here for lunch. The lunch menu looked good so we decided to try it. It did not disappoint. My partner had the fish course which is starter and mains. I tried the sushi which is very creative and fresh. All the foods were very creative, well presented and taste good. Service was good too.

“Amazing trip around Iceland”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We went here as a last minute decision because the restaurant we initially wanted to visit was full. I'm so glad we did because the food was amazing! I plumped for the around Iceland menu which had plaice, charr, lamb and a huge blueberry dessert platter. My other half had only two courses and they very kindly brought him a second starter from my menu so 'he wouldn't have to watch me eat it'. Such a lovely touch. The food was so well cooked, full of interesting concepts and pairings. You'd pay an absolute fortune for food this good in London.

1 Thank BBQ84
Ilkley, United Kingdom
“The top restaurant in Reykjavik”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

You definitely need a reservation at this place but it is certainly worth it. The website allows you to review their menu and send a request for a reservation so do it before you leave home - you will not regret it. Of the 3 restaurants we ate in this was head and shoulders the best.
We both had the same thing - starter of Arctic Charr with Scallop & Prawns followed by Fish of the Day which was a mixture of Salt Cod, Salmon and shell fish and it was all top notch. The couple on the next table were having the sampler menu and were raving over every course. All I can say is fine dining at its best. For two courses for two people and a bottle of house wine (a very good Chilean Carmenere) the bill came to just over £100. You would pay similar in the UK for a meal of this quality.