“I don't like fish but I loved this restaurant”

Fiskfelagid - Fish Company
Ranked #16 of 530 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We had the fish festival and it was amazing. Service was friendly, and with the welcome card we even got 10% discount. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Joanne13186
Write a ReviewReviews (1,732)

Reviewed October 9, 2012

One thing i loved about Reykjavik is the fishes. and at the fish company, their fish is excellent in general, however you have to be careful what you order.

Before i say more about the food, i must note the atmosphere is 5/5, very pretty and unique restaurant and their bathroom is extremely grande too, in a sort of traditional cottage way.

I personally ordered the 3 course around Reykjavik, which to be honest i was a little disappointed. The quality of the ingredient was good, but you have a feeling that they cramped it to become a 3 course, because my wife ordered just the main course which consisted of the catch of the day.

Catch of the day is the best in Reykjavik restaurants, and especially this one. Everything was fresh, and nicely served up. In Reykjavik they tend to use a lot of salt with their fish, so it's good to ask for less salt in your fish (especially when they cook cod)

So in short, don't bother with set menus, just pick and order what you see fit and enjoy.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stumbled across the Fish Company when comparing restaurant menus and we hadn’t heard any reviews or hype about the restaurant so had no prior expectations to our visit. We wanted to try an Icelandic tasting menu which didn’t feature puffin or whale so choose this restaurant and I’m so glad we found it.

It’s not cheap but eating out in Iceland is really expensive and we found that paying a little bit extra works out much better value in terms of service and food quality than going for an overpriced standard restaurant. The plates are smaller as is standard in a fine dining restaurant but I thought the Icelandic tasting menu worked out really good value (£40 per person). The food at each course was exquisite, especially the lamb and the savoury sorbet served with dessert. The setting and décor is also appealing and I enjoyed the atmosphere. All the staff were really well-informed about the ingredients and the concept behind each course and I enjoyed listening to their explanations. Only criticism is that alcoholic drinks are very expensive but we found this everywhere in Iceland.

Overall, I was really impressed and I am glad we had the opportunity to visit – the food was definitely a talking point when we returned home and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it if you’re visiting Reykjavik. We didn’t make reservations but the restaurant was full so I’d call in advance.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

The lobster salad is lovely - i always ask for the sauce on the side tough. This is one of my favorite places for a week day lunch - then it is very fairly priced. Nivce atmo and service.

2  Thank TobbaMarinos
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Being my 65th birthday, we wanted something special, and boy did we get one.........the place was packed always a good sign, and out of season as well. We had the taster menu,which was for two, and you have a portion of everything on the main menu, to sustain the quality throughout so many dishes and sweet, was incredable.
The service was first class, as full as the place was, and friendly.
We was lucky to get in, so make sure you book a table...........

P&C