“best tour ever”

Nature Explorer Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Nature Explorer offers tours in Iceland in Super Jeeps or Super-Trucks, which are modified 4x4s, which enable us to safely drive on glaciers and across unbridged rivers and reach otherwise inaccessible terrains, so that you can explore more of Iceland. We are a small, family run Icelandic tour operator, with a team of expert driverguides with background in Mt. Search & Rescue, 4x4 instructors and professional guides. We have a passion for Iceland and take pride sharing it in a personalized service on a variety of day and multi day tours. On our day tours out of Reykjavik we have the smallest group size in the industry, only 5 passengers per Super Jeep, but we can also cater to larger groups, and we offer private tours. We hope we can share your Iceland adventure.
Reviewed February 4, 2014

4 of us did a day tour of the golden circle feb. 1 which was FANTASTIC. very responsive with emails regarding planning, great guide, amazing day. a once in a lifetime experience. highly recommended- and I don't usually do tours when i travel.

There are newer reviews for Nature Explorer Tours

Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We organised a private tour with Nature Explorer on 31st of Jan to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. We chose the Golden Circle tour combined with snowmobiling. We were all absolutely blown away by the experience - Hawk was a knowledgeable and fun guide and I would wholeheartedly recommend this company to anyone considering a private tour. Thanks again Hawk - it really was a memorable day!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nature Explorer, and in particular our guide Hakur, were absolutely superb and I would recommend to anyone!

Hakur was extremly friendly and helpful when booking the trip which was for my husband's 30th, giving advice on suitable clothing.

I found out I was pregnant only a few weeks after booking, and after initially being unsure that the trip would be suitable, I was reassured both by Hakur and a couple of other reviews online that it would be fine - and it was! There is very little walking involved.

Hakur even surprised us with a glass of champagne to toast the winter solstice, and of course my husband's birthday.

Fantastic all round!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

When organising the tour, the owner Hawk, was very helpful in trying to arrange a date that would work considering our itinerary. We flew into Iceland on the December 27th and arrived at 7am. Picked up our rental car and drove to the bus terminal for 9am pick up by Nature Explorer. Asi picked was there to pick us up in a massive vehicle which looked perfect for the iced up roads of Iceland and the somewhat vicious weather at times. Asi is extremely knowledgeable and imparted more than just the basic info about Iceland, but also the smaller nuances. He is an excellent driver and in when some of the other tour trucks were getting stuck in the snow, Asi managed to tow them out. Iceland is so beautiful that I ran out of adjectives in explaining how it took my breath away. It literally is a country forged out of fire and ice. We were lucky that it was just the two of us and so it turned out to be a private tour. I would definitely recommend Nature Explorer when touring Iceland.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Our second day begin with nature explorer team, a 4x4 jeep picked us up at our hotel on time. Tour guide (Jonsi), friendliest guy you'll meet. We signed up for eyjafjallajokull. Tour guide was knowledgeable introducing to us the various highlight of the tour and also extremely skilled in driving despite harsh weather and trails condition, appreciate his effort to bring us all the way in to vatnajokull to have the best view. Our trip end with gullfoss waterfall it was a fruitful and wonderful experience. Really thanks the entire team for this wonderful memory. Definitely we will be back to further explore more of such beautiful view in iceland.