Review Highlights

Amazing Tour and Guide

Reviewed October 2, 2018
EAG73
Minneapolis, Minnesota

All reviews super jeep private tour golden circle photography workshop northern lights off road day trip langjokull glacier driver guide beautiful country glacier experience great guide group tour own pace an amazing experience blue lagoon south coast
Reviewed yesterday

Planned a 12-day photography trip to Iceland to shoot many of the beautiful places in Iceland - the mountains, rivers, highlands, and waterfalls. My guide, Hauker (Hawk), was terrific. I chose Hawk because he is also a photographer and knows not only where to go but when to be there to get the best shot. Best of all, his company has the vehicles to get you there. I shot for eight days and the pictures are amazing. And, Nature Explorers arranged all the hotels while Hawk introduced me to Icelandic food including their hot dog which is very tasty! Highly recommend Nature Explorer Tours, you will not be disappointed!

Hawk_Nature_Expl, Owner at Nature Explorer Tours, responded to this reviewResponded today

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words, highly appreciated.
I had a blast on this tour too - so more thanks for making my job so easy and so much fun.
Hawk

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We had an amazing Super Jeep tour of the Golden Circle and Glacier. The vehicle itself was amazing. We were able to drive out onto the Glacier. Our guide, Gummie, provided glasses so we could drink the water. Very cool. The kids thought Gummie was hilarious. The often recount a particular story. Before driving the Super Jeep through a river, Gummie said, "Hmmm, I thought there was a bridge here." My son looked to one side and says, "There is a bridge right there!". Gummie said, "Oh, we better use that." Then he turned around and went back through the river. In recap, we got to see amazing sights and had a really good time doing it.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

off to Hunza with NAture Explorer tours, Pakistan. Best Place in the universe. Highly recommended.
if you want to have some fun then please try this once.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Our group of 7 toured the south coast for 5 days with our guide, Gilly. We traveled in an amazing vehicle that is a Ford 350 in front melded with a Ford Excursion. We drove on glaciers, through streams, across crazy back roads. Totally exceeded our expectations. Gilly was one of the best guides I've ever had, and I've traveled throughout the world. The scenery is breathtaking. Iceland is truly the land of Fire and Ice. If you are thinking of renting a car and doing it yourself, don't! You'll never go where we went! This tour company is small so they are very attentive to their client's needs. I can't imagine you would regret your choice!

Reviewed August 28, 2018

Two of us were traveling to Iceland for the first time. My family had toured previously with Nature Explorer and highly recommended that we use their service. VERY glad that we did. Truly the best touring experience we have ever had. Gummi was our guide, and we can't say enough good things about him. Not just a professional, but a good person - felt like we had known him for years. Would recommend Gummi and this company to anyone traveling to Iceland.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

We had an incredible time and would highly recommend the tour. Our guide was fantastic and took us to places that one could never do on your own. Everything went smoothly and the guide was extremely flexible. The Super Jeep was awesome for the 4 of us.

2  Thank Ellis254
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

When we decided to visit Iceland, a friend recommended we speak with Hawk and Anna! They organised a 12 day super jeep tour for us. It covered over 3000 kms of which 1000 kms was off road in wilderness and solitude! What s wonderful trip it was! We had a great experience! Although much more expensive than a self drive trip, but very different too since so much of off road sights and a superb guide. Our guide Olaf was just fantastic- 60 Year old and v experienced, wise and full of interesting facts! Most important he factored in our requirements and instilled in kids the realisation about the importance of nature and need for conservation! My son who is an avid photographer - Olaf patiently guided him to unusual spots to click!! All in all - Was a dream holiday !!! Thank you so so much Hawk,Anna and Olaf!!!

1  Thank alkanalavadi
Reviewed July 2, 2018

When my husband and I decided to vacation in Iceland this summer, we turned to Nature Explorer Tours to arrange a custom itinerary for our self driving tour. I had already had a phenomenal experience on a Nature Explorer photography workshop in winter and I knew I could depend on them to make sure our 9 day trip to southern Iceland would give us the best insider's experience of the country.
Anna Klara and I exchanged several emails establishing the areas in which my husband and I were most interested and the types of accommodations we preferred. It was all easily arranged, while still leaving room for pleasing, new discoveries at every location. What made our tour so successful was Anna's creative and thoughtful itinerary, which included three and four star hotels, very helpful travel tips, outstanding attractions, restaurant recommendations, museums and churches to visit and added excursions if we had extra time. I felt as if we had an Icelander traveling along with us in the car! Having paid for everything in advance through Nature Explorer, we used vouchers for the rental car and hotels, simplifying the trip immensely.
Because the trip was designed just for us by Nature Explorer, my husband and I had a comfortable and immersive experience in all aspects of Icelandic culture and geography. If you want to fall in love with Iceland like we did, let Nature Explorer Tours introduce you. Their commitment to excellence insures that you'll be happy ever after!

Reviewed June 30, 2018

Based on my brother's recommendation, I chose Nature Explorers for a 2-day private tour last week (June 22nd and 23rd) for my family of three. They were fully booked, but they got a super jeep and driver somehow and set me up. Our driver Alf was funny, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. On day 1, we went to Thingvellur, Gulfoss, and the optional snowmobile tour on Langokull glacier. This turned out to be a major highlight! The jeep had to go on tough gravel roads to get to the mouth of the glacier. We then snowmobiled for 2+ hours (including some basic training). I think this would be more awesome in winter, when the snow is more compact/stable. We stayed overnight in Hvolsvöllur in a hotel I had booked earlier (the driver stayed in a cheaper hotel at my expense). On day 2, we first went to Reynisfjara (black sand beach). This was the one downer because of the rainy/windy/cold weather, which made it hard to appreciate this amazing place. We then did the second optional thing on our tour - a 3 hour glacier hike (with crampons) on Solheimajokull glacier. This was an amazing experience! We then finished off day 2 with visits to Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls before returning to Reykjavik.

The trip was expensive ($ 4200 for the private super jeep - including the 2 optional tours for snowmobiling and glacier hiking) - but well worth the price. I think you can do this tour with a larger group in the same super jeep (with 8 people) and make it cheaper, but we wanted it to be private for our family of three, so we could go where we wanted and stop wherever we wanted.

Highly recommended!

- Vidya

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I reached out to various travel companies regarding having a private tour when I was in Iceland and Nature Explorer Tours was by far the quickest to respond and the most helpful when it came to my needs. Anna, their representative, answered all of my questions promptly and couldn't have been more helpful setting up the day.

Regarding the day of the tour, the bus arrived on time and I was greeted by a very kind guide and driver that would be with us all day. The bus was brand new and accomodated my 20 guests that I was looking after. We had a great day seeing the sights of the southern coasts (two amazing waterfalls and the jaw dropping black sand beach). Was an amazing day.

Like everything else in Iceland, it was pricey, but definitely worth the price of admission.

Thank you so much for the day!