TripAdvisor

from $145.00
from $193.00
from $245.60
5,136 results
All reviews dry suit hot chocolate and cookies snorkeling tour tectonic plates amazing experience once in a lifetime clearest water wool socks silfra fissure continental plates explained everything great guide bucket list midnight sun highlight of our trip national park small group
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was on the top of my Iceland list and Dive.is did not disappoint! They are the best at what they do with the most fun loving, family-like crew. My mom and I went at the end of Sept/ beginning of Oct and the weather was perfect. Marijo was a great guide with lots of experience and I felt extremely safe. If you go to Iceland this is just one of those things you have to do! The Silfra will not disappointment. The cold water isn’t the only thing that will leave you stunned!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I thought to myself 'David,you are insane going to snorkel in freezing glacial waters. Wow! It was AMAZING!

I was so worried about the cold but Ele, our guide took such great care of us,and with alot of fun, laughter and professionalism she made our snorkel through Silfra a true highlight of our Iceland experience.

She prepared us thoroughly.. Making sure everything fitted just right. she explained why this place and this experience is so absolutely unique, where else do you get to swim over the gap between tectonic plates in the clearest waters on earth? And the colours were an unexpected underwater marvel.. the intense blues and fluorescent greens.

Within walking distance was also the site where Iceland's first Parliament was established over 1000 years ago, ight on the edge of the North American tectonic plate

This is a unique and must have experience not to be missed from all perspectives.. Geography, history, natural beauty and just a super cool time.. Yeah.. Super cool

40 mins in the water feels like 20 and Ele made it all so easy and fun. Grazie Ele

Just do it.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a great time on the Silfra snorkel tour. Our guide, Jake, made the whole experience fun and had a great sense of humor. He had some great recommendations on what to do next on our trip. Getting into the drysuits was an awkward process but the equipment we used was in great shape and Jake made sure everyone got fitted properly.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was not prepared for the sheer beauty that was diving the Silfra in Iceland and I don’t think I can honestly give it the review of so deserves.

What I can do is tell you how amazing the tour company I used was.

DIVE.IS wes amazing from start to finish. My guide Tanya was gracious from the moment I got on the bus to the moment they dropped me off. She gave me and the other divers the space needed to enjoy our dive all the while being on hand just in case support was needed.

Stefano complimented the tour and dive by being on hand to tell stories and offer advice when asked.

Truly a five star PADI Dive centre. DIVE.IS are the longest standing dive company on the island for a reason.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

And oh were they wrong! I fully expected it to be similar to diving a clear lake--not much to see, but a decent dive. In fact, it was so much more!!! The feeling of levitating in clear space, of drinking while underwater, it was transcendental! I highly recommend it, and I will definitely do it again when I return to Iceland!

My guide, Giancarlo, was fantastic! Two other people (I forget their names, I am so sorry, it has been a couple months!!!) also showed amazing hospitality and kindness, and were a ton of fun--one was a gentleman I believe from somewhere in the EU or Asia (yeah, that's half the planet), in Iceland on a work visa sort of thing for the past couple of years, and we discussed the possibilities of having an Icelandic mead brewery. The other was a fantastically kind younger Icelandic gal! Many thanks to All three of these people made it a stellar experience!

Date of experience: August 2019