TripAdvisor

from $193.00
from $245.60
from $285.00
5,313 results
All reviews dry suit hot chocolate and cookies snorkeling tour tectonic plates amazing experience once in a lifetime clearest water wool socks silfra fissure continental plates explained everything great guide bucket list midnight sun highlight of our trip national park small group
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2019

We had an amazing experience snorkelling in Silfra with dry suits. Very beautiful area with very clear water. We had a very cool guide: Anna from Dive.is. She did tones of nice pictures (Recommendation: get the pictures at the end. It is almost 3'000 ISK additional, but very worth) and was super attentive in helping us to dress, giving all the details, sharing her experiences, etc. 5-star rating for her!

Concerning the administrative part, due to private reasons we had to reschedule the visit to Silfra to another day. It was easy to do (phone call + internet payment) but we had to pay 5'000 ISK more per person only as a rescheduling fee. Way too much.

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

I did the dry suit certification with Jammi: he was an excellent, professional instructor who kept things relaxed and leisurely. Jammi was helpful with any challenges and a great dive buddy - his experience and skill really shone through. He made the course seem like a breeze.
The next day, I did the dive in Silfra with Anna: she was a lovely, smiley young guide who expertly briefed us through the dive. Her happy, positive demeanour alleviated any nerves I had about the dive. In the water, she was supportive when I had a problem with my mask without losing sight of the other two divers. It was like diving with a friend.
Overall, dive.is gave me a wonderful experience in Silfra as a result of their amazing staff and unique location! I would wholeheartedly recommend them

Reviewed September 5, 2019

Everything about our dive experience was incredible! Our guide Javi was very knowledgeable and helpful. And he took fantastic pictures for us. I was very worried that I would be too cold in the water but we were provided with a warm suit to wear under our dry suits. The dive was beautiful and peaceful as it was only my husband and I and our guide Javi. Everyone here was very kind and helpful in getting us into and out of our dry suits and gear. I highly encourage everyone to add this to your bucket list!

Hi.
So firstly, we came to Iceland mainly to do this activity and thus we made all our plans to fit this outing. I travelled together with my daughter and because I didn't wanted to do the dry course certification day, I registered for the snorkeling trip whereas my daughter registered for the dive. It was my understanding from the emails exchanged as well as the phone conversations I had with the team that these two activities will happen simultaneously. It was also my clear understanding that the dive was going to take place in the morning to allow ample time before our flight the next day. We also registered for the combo (diving and golden circle tour). So, on the day of the trip, the two of us we got picked up by a shuttle and we joined another group of 6 people. It was explained to us by our guide, Rami, that my daughter will join another group for the dive per se and because the group in the shuttle was complete (6), I was going to be assigned to another group to do the snorkeling. Long story short, here is what happened - the dive was late in the afternoon, which created unnecessary stress and limitations to the diving depth and I was stranded (luckily my snorkeling guide was an amazing person Sigga) and didn't get any pictures taken with my daughter - the two activities are totally separate. Here is what I would have done if I knew all this beforehand: do not choose the combo trip - it is better to do these activities separately, make sure there is a clear indication of the time of the dive (allow 24h before the flight), if in doubt, choose the dive instead of the snorkeling activity - it is well worth it!
On the positive side, some of the guys are really amazing, enthusiastic and they do everything to make this an unforgettable experience - kudos go out to Sigga and Anna! You guys really saved the day.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

We arrived early to our Silfra Dive tour on a Sunday morning. We had opted to drive ourselves to the dive from Reykjavik. The driving instructions on the website were perfectly clear and made it easy to find the dive site. The only struggle we had was parking due to the main lot being closed for resurfacing. Once parked, we made our way to the dive site and were greeted by the team. (Tip: Dive.is tells you to give yourself plenty of time to get to the dive site if you're driving yourself and you definitely should!)

From the moment we stepped onto the site, the diving team made us feel welcome, taken care of, and comfortable. In addition to our dry suits and dive gear (which was all set up for us, such a luxury), we were given quilted onsie to make sure we stayed extra warm during the dive. Anna ran through every step of the dive from the moment we suited up to the exit point, making sure we felt safe and prepared. Even though she's done this dive at least 70 times, her enthusiasm was infectious and got us even more pumped up than we already were!

The dive began with a long trek to the entrance where we put on our fins (with extra surface support by Tom) and waded into the water. It was cold! But you forgot about that the second you were submerged and saw the most amazingly clear blue water, seemingly otherworldly rock structures, and dancing patterns from the sunlight above. We traversed through Silfra slowly. Even though we'd seen a group of divers and snorklers go in before us, it felt like we were alone with our guide in this beautiful place. During the trip Anna took so many incredible photos of our group (available for purchase after the dive). Her photography skills were impressive and we so appreciated her capturing this memorable experience.

After the dive we were given hot chocolate and cookies. The Dive.is team went above and beyond and provided changing areas for us to get out of our suits and into warm clothes. Anna hung out with us after the dive, chatting with us about the dive, the rest of our trip, and her future plans with diving. We had such an amazing time! We highly recommend diving Silfra with Dive.Is and, especially, diving with Anna!