Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $185.00
from $251.58
from $291.94
5,691 results
All reviews dry suit hot chocolate and cookies snorkeling tour tectonic plates amazing experience once in a lifetime clearest water diving experience wool socks silfra fissure continental plates great guide explained everything bucket list midnight sun highlight of our trip national park
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Me and my older brother completed the one day dry suit qual with Bart and Vicky on the 16th of August. They were absolutely awesome. Really patient and clear instructors. They took us through our drills really thouroly making sure we had fun doing it. Really recommend using DIVE.IS if you are thinking about diving or snorkeling in Iceland.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience snorkeling with Ants, our Estonian dive master in Silfra. I appreciated that we were organized in small dive groups, and that it was all so relaxed. The focus of everything we did was about just enjoying the experience, taking our time, never feeling rushed, and just really enjoying a quiet, personal experience in this incredibly beautiful place. Ants did a great job of making my friend, who was pretty nervous about the cold water and a bit claustrophobic in the dry suit, feel very comfortable, cared for, and helped every step of the way. And even took underwater pictures for us so we didn't have to worry about doing that part. I would recommend this dive company 100%!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

My entire experience with dive.is was great.
Because of restrictions the guides must now pick you up at bus stops. My stop next to the large church which was only a few blocks away.
The two guys in the van that picked us up was great. They gave us some basic information but said that we'd get all of the information when we joined our group leader.
My group leader was Clarence. I can't say enough good things about him. He walked to the water entry site to discuss a little about the environment and a little about the wet suits. He helped each of us get dressed, ensuring after each added piece of equipment that we were comfortable. He was out photographer as well. All of the pictures that he took while we did the snorkeling tour were on sale for 2990 ISK. You'll get a Dropbox link where you can view and download them for 30 days. I'm excited to see the photos (link should be sent out later today). All of the people that work for dive.is were polite and catered to you but I was really impressed with Clarence. If you have the opportunity to request him as your guide- do it.
The shuttle van promptly returned us back to our pickup location. Chris (driver) was open to answering questions- and the woman next to me had a lot of them. Being a runner, I enjoyed chatting with him about trail running (good luck with your 250km ultra!).
This tour was recommended by a friend that had taken the same tour. I was happy that I took it. I had a water proof case for my iPhone but wouldn't have been able to take underwater pictures because the gloves are somewhat like lobster claws. If you don't already have a GoPro, just buy the photos from Dive.is and it's one less thing to worry about (Clarence was a film major, so I'm sure he's better at taking photos than I am).
I had a blast and wouldn't hesitate to do another tour through this well run tour group.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

If you do one thing in Iceland -- dive the Silfra with DIVE.IS. I dove for two days (four dives) and am still having flashbacks of the Silfra's alien beauty. I am a frequent diver and have never had a better experience with any dive outfitter. Their transportation is precise and on schedule. The gear they provide is top of the line. The guides on my dives, Fee, Victoria, and Tania were all extremely experienced divers who missed no details when it came to ensuring our experience was perfect (and safe). They have completely reset my expectations for what dive guides should be.

**Some Tips** 1) Do not worry about bringing your own gear. The have the setup of their gear down to a science and, while they happily accommodate your stuff, its just easier to leave it all in their hands. 2) Don't bother with a camera until your second dive. The profile of the dive is so unique that you need the first dive to get used to it. That said, their pictures are fantastic and worth the reasonable amount they charge. 3) If you can, dive for two days. Four dives gives you a chance to get used to the diving conditions and the Silfra changes each time you pass through it. 4) See if you can get a dive with Fee, Tania, or Victoria -- each of their personalities will make the dive that much more fun!

2  Thank GravityFails1
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Diving in 37 degree water is not for the faint of heart and if you are extremely sensitive to the cold I would reconsider if it is for you, but I'm glad I did it because the water is clearer than any other place I've ever been and the views are stunning. It is also only 30 minutes in the water with a small group so just as you feel like you cannot take the cold anymore, it'll be almost over. Additionally, the dry suit works wonders so only my fingers and face were cold- the rest of my body was nice and snug- and the wonderful guides will be sure to help you in and out of your suit :) At the end of the tour we were given hot cocoa and cookies to warm up to- yum! The perfect end to a perfect tour.