“When In Iceland, You've Gotta Do It...”
Review of DIVE.IS

$480.00*
Diving Silfra & The Golden Circle Combo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I joined the midnight Silfra scuba dive. Wow, this was a great dive! Cold as heck, but fascinating and guided by a terrific crew from a well organized company with excellent equipment. Aron and Michal picked up me and 5 other divers from our respective hotels and took us to the site. They were very informative, attentive and focused on safety. They worked hard to get us suited up and used to the dry suits and to the water temperature. We did 2 dives. In between they offered hot chocolate and cookies, which was appreciated and necessary to warm us up for the second dive. I also need to acknowledge the help from both Ásdís and Laura who helped me make arrangements from Canada. It was a terrific experience made even better by diving with a great company. Thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,354)

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I dived Silfra on the 28th and it was amazing there's something surreal about diving between this small crack where 2 continents are drifting apart. The water is crystal clear and slightly cold :) but it has possibly the best visibility we have had on any dive. The equipment was top quality and In good condition and our guides Chris and AJ we're brilliant they looked after us from start to finish. Well done guys keep up the good work and thanks for an awesome day!

P.s check out weekdays and weekends on Wikipedia and u will get the jist of what I was terribly trying to explain lol.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I did the night dive at Silfra this june 2014. It was an amazing experience from the beggining, my guide/instructor was great. His name is Ásgeir Jónsson and he was increble, you could see the passion of diving from the beggining. From the hotel to Silfra he was like a local guide telling me everything about iceland, reykjavik and the dive. It was my first time using a dry suit and i had an awesome time, his brieffing was very complete, he explained everything about the dry suit, the dive site and signals, time, depht, etc. some of the best brieffings i have had. During the dive he was always paying attention, and more important enjoying as much as i was enjoying the place.

I am really impressed with the quality of the guide and the tour, we didna second dive that was way better than the first dive and I didn't want tongo out of the water, it was freezing but totally worth doing it and what you pay.

One of the best trips of my life and for sure on my top dives. If ypu can ask for the same guide i completely recomend him. It was difficult for me to get asleep thst night because i was super excited about the dive and the good afternoon I had.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I dived Silfra having just finished our Open Water Dive Certification 6 weeks earlier and never diving in a dry suit before. Our Dive.is guide, Michal, was very funny and made us feel very comfortable. He explained everything about the dry suits and made sure they were all on properly (this was a big plus as I didn't want any 2degree water seeping in to my suit). The dive itself was something that I will never forget. The crystal clear water with >100m visibility and the beautiful colours of the algae, I guess I better mention the cold, I won't forget that either. Overall it was a truly remarkable experience and will be something I remember forever.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Snorkeling in Silfra was definitely a top priority for my Iceland trip and it did not disappoint.

I hooked through a local tourism office and there was a little mix up with my pick up but it was easily fixed with a quick phone call.

The guides, Claudia and Andre and Solon, were great, they gave very clear information and helped everyone gear up which was quite the process.

Silfra itself was super beautiful and totally worth the uncomfortable dry - suit. Perfectly clear water, gorgeous colours, so peaceful. It wasn't nearly as cold as I feared.

My drysuit actually leaked somewhere and I ended up soaked. It wasn't ideal, but after finishing the guides took good care of me and made sure I was warm and could go change. I was the only person to get wet and it seems like it's not common. They seemed genuinely concerned. It wasn't a big deal at all....swimming in a body of water carries the risk of getting wet, but I appreciated how they dealt with it! They more than made up for it.

Overall a great experience and a great company to go with.