“Diving Silfra and the Golden Circle Tour”
Review of DIVE.IS

and up
Silfra Snorkeling Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Mombasa, Kenya
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Diving Silfra and the Golden Circle Tour”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

What an amazing day and an amazing experience!!!

Siobhan was our guide on the Golden Circle tour and was excellent. She was very friendly and knowledgeable. There were only two other people in my tour group apart from me and it was great having such a small group. It made the day feel more like scooting around with friends than an official tour - albeit it one where one of the friends was a very knowledgeable and professional tour guide!!! Siobhan was able to adapt the day to what we wanted - for example, we had a little detour to look at a church and some elf houses!!! It was great having such a personal touch to the tour and I am sure made all the people we saw on the big coach tours very envious!

At Silfra I joined another group for the dive as the other people in my tour group were snorkelling instead. AJ was our guide for the dive and was also very friendly and helpful. Most of my previous diving has been in tropical locations so it was great to have a bit of extra help and advice for adjusting to the cold! The water temp was 3 degrees C and very cold but worth it. Silfra is beautiful and Dive Iceland are a very professional organisation. The briefing was thorough, the equipment was well maintained (I brought my own equipment but everybody else used Dive Iceland's) and most importantly, it was fun!!!

After I rejoined my original group to continue the Golden Circle tour.

The Golden Circle is a must see in Iceland and I would recommend going with Dive Iceland to anyone. If you don't want to dive Silfra you can snorkel and the experience is well worth it and also will ensure that you have a much better experience than with one of the huge tour buses.

I found the entire experience with Dive Iceland to be very friendly, efficient and helpful from the point of my initial inquiries when planning my trip, right up to the day itself.

• Polish first
New York City, New York
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Dive & Caving tour”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Because we were only spending a limited time in Iceland, we wanted to make sure to see as much as possible but being an avid diver, a zip to the Silfra crack was high on my list. After a friend recommended we actually skip the Golden Circle in favor of other less visited attractions, we opted for a Diving-snorkeling/Caving combo offered by Dive.IS. This was not a disappointment and i dont think i could have hoped for a better combo. We were picked up early from our hotel and driven to the dive site, we were given a lot of information/recommendations on the drysuit dive as none of us had done it before. Our divemaster was extremely thorough and helpful. The dive was pretty exceptional and eerie, definitely something different.
Only a small group of us (4) had opted for the Caving combo so we headed there after the dive. I would not recommend the walk/crawl through the cave to someone who is not in shape, but it was a lot of fun. David, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable, and gave us just the right amount of geological, historical and mythical facts. His passion was also very contagious and we very much enjoyed spending the day with him, i think he made the experience even better.
For anyone out there looking for an adventure a little less cookie-cutter than the ones offered, i say go for it!

Visited November 2013
“Silfra and Golden Circle”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Yesterday I went on this tour outside of Reykjavík with Siobhan and had such a great time!! Siobhan is entertaining and very knowledgeable about Iceland, so our trip was peppered with tidbits of Icelandic history and custom that I feel I would not have gotten from another tour provider.
Snorkelling at Silfra was incredible and not something you can do ANYWHERE else in the world - well worth the discomfort of a dry suit and numb lips. The photos look amazing too so I will be purchasing those!
The Golden Circle stops were beautiful, and we experienced traditional Icelandic weather :)
Siobhan also took us to Skalholt which I loved, and would not have gotten to see otherwise, thank you very much for that.

This tour is perfect for your holiday in Iceland, you will not be disappointed!

Seon, Switzerland
“Impressing skin-diving between the tectonic plate”
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

It was my first skin-dive experience ever and it was stunning. Skin-diving between the plates was amazing and very impressing. Honestly i felt a bit nervous because it was my first trip. But the both instructors andré and claudia made me feel comfortable. They did her job very well, explaining me everything how to do. It was a great adventure, in the end due to the both sympathic instructors.

Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went on the snorkel day tour with Dive.Is a few weeks ago with some friends. Our guide came to pick us up from our hotel and drove us to Silfra. It was a pleasant drive, and he knew a lot about Iceland and was able to answer all of our questions. We had to wait a little while for the rest of our group to show up, but it was a nice day out so it wasn't too bad.

It took a really long time to get our dry suits on. The whole process was unpleasant and uncomfortable, but our guide really helped us. And there isn't much that can done about that :). Walking in the suits was incredibly awkward, but we managed okay.

The actual snorkelling was incredibly beautiful. It was shocking how unremarkable the water looked from above, but as soon as you put your head underwater, it was amazing! The snorkelling was relatively easy, but moving around in a drysuit is a bit awkward. I barely felt cold in the water at all, I was concerned my hands would feel cold bc of the wet suit gloves, but that was not the case at all. Only my face felt a bit cold.

The most unpleasant aspect of the trip was the walk back to the parking lot from where you get out of the water. It was cold, windy, and snowy and took longer than I would have expected. Our guide helped us out of our suits, and had amazing cookies and hot cocoa for us afterwards. It was the best hot cocoa of my life!

Visited March 2014