“Unforgettable, one-of-a-kind experience w/a solid dive center”
Review of DIVE.IS

and up
Silfra Snorkeling Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was a bit skeptical about doing this dive without any previous dry suit experience. Don´t let that stop you! ;-) If you´re in Iceland, this is truly an experience not to be missed. The pictures you can see from the Silfra dive say it all. The staff at Dive.Is were thorough, professional and very friendly. However you can experience it -- snorkeling or diving -- it´s remarkable and otherworldly.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We did the snorkeling and lava caving tour with Louis and loved it so much that we signed up for the west coast tour a couple days later with Tobias!
Our group consisted of five high energy girls who love traveling and new adventures!
Louis was a wonderful tour guide for the snorkeling and lava caving! Snorkeling in Silfra was beautiful (even though it was very cold) and 30 minutes was a perfect amount of time in the water! Lava caving was great! Louise let us set our own pace and told us some of the legends/stories/history along the way and was such a fun tour guide! The lava caving was a bit trickier than I though it would be due to the ice but we all had proper hiking boots and Louis guided us through with ease.
Since the snorkeling/lava caving tour was so good we decided to also do the west coast (Snæfellsnes) tour. We had Tobias as a tour guide on this day and he is fantastic! This was a longer tour and so much fun! The west coast is beautiful!! We made many stops along the way and since we had a private tour, he let us pick and chose what we wanted to do...which included some very fun "off the beaten path" adventures that we will never forget! Along the way, Toby told us some great stories about Iceland's history and legends.
I definitely recommend both Tobias and Louse as tour guides. We all had a blast and they are both such nice men and very knowledgable about Iceland!!!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My 13 year old son and I spent two memorable days diving with AJ of dive.is. We had a blast! We did our drysuit certification at Silfra. Neither of us had dived in dry suits before and AJ walked us through the ins and outs of it. Silfra was amazing. We got into the water after our lesson and had all of Silfra completely to ourselves. The water was so fresh and clear that we drank it during the dive. Visibility was fantastic and the dive was just phenomenal. The next day we spent at Lake Kleivarvatn where a blizzard (at least in my estimation, given that I am from snow-free Portland) rolled in while we were gearing up to dive. Totally a surreal experience to be putting on fins in a snowstorm. I highly recommend it! The visibility wasn't clear like Silfra but the geothermal hot springs under the water were quite a trip to experience and felt really neat. After the dive we headed up to an above ground geothermal hot spring where we had tons of fun climbing up the side of an extremely smelly and slippery mountainside. The view was simply amazing. AJ was highly knowledgable and very funny. After the dive/hike he took us to a site where they were drying thousands of stinky fish, as he told us, to get rid of the sulfur smell of the hot spring. We had the most interesting aroma for the rest of the drive back, and none of us could stop laughing. We very much enjoyed our time with him and will be diving with dive.is every time we go back to Iceland. Now - about the cookies - they introduced us to Hobnobs, a British cookie that is perfect post dive food. Thank goodness we can order them on line as we both have a bit of an addiction to them now.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Absolutely outstanding. As like most things I have visited in Iceland it was very professional. We was picked up on time taken there and given warm suits. We were taken through the silfra which is so clear. I have to give extra credit to our guides ted and Ian who gave the trip an extra touch and made it a funny day!

This trip has made my holiday and I would definitely do it again and I therefore recommend this as a must do in Iceland.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The two dive masters from dive.is ian and ted were brilliant nice guys who were very informative, enthusiastic and put our enjoyment first.

I dived the silfra with dive.is and i had never dived with a dry suit before but they introduced me into it nicely and made me feel safe. The dive its self was amasing its a phenomenal sight through out with perfect visibility.

A definet must do ian and ted made my dives 10x better.

2  Thank Fountain22