“Experience of a lifetime!”
Review of DIVE.IS

and up
Silfra Snorkeling Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Snorkeling in Silfra was the first thing we booked for our trip to Iceland. We went through a different tour operator who then booked our tour through Dive.is. We met them at the Thingvellir info centre and followed them to the dive site. It was very organized with 3 guides (2 for snorkeling and 1 for diving). There 6 in our group. Chris, our guide, was very patient in helping everyone with their gear. Getting ready was the most time consuming but once you hit the cold water, it was all worth with. It was refreshing and couldn't believe I was swimming between two continental plates. The water is so clear and you can even drink it.

The walk back was tough but we were rewarded with cookies and hot chocolate. This was an experience of a lifetime and my husband and I are very fortunate to have done this. Go with Dive.is, they are professionals, courteous and the leader in diving in Silfra!

1  Thank Donna H

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We used this company to snorkel in Silfra combined with the Golden Circle route. Our guide was friendly and helpful, as were any other guides we met along the way. A comforting hot chocolate was just what we needed after braving the extreme weather conditions, and the high quality photos we received were an amazing bonus. Really experienced guides with vast local knowledge of other activities in Iceland too.

1  Thank ClodaghR
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The Snorkling was amazing though it took me a while to adjust to Snorkling. Nina the guide was friendly, very experienced and funny too. She put me at ease and towards the end I became confident. The Cave tour was brilliant too and would recommend everyone to do this with Dive Is.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Had an amazing trip organised by Dive.is for both a snorkelling and lava caving trip which allowed us to maximise our time in Iceland. Our tour guide Nina, was brilliant, she was very knowledgeable about both excursions and was fun to have on board. I would definitely recommend this tour however I would warn people that the suits are very difficult and tight to put on which is made even more difficult trying to get changed outdoors. This did not dampen our spirits and we thoroughly enjoyed the snorkel!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

These people are nothing short of excellent and could not have been more helpful in getting me ready for my trip to Iceland. As well as booking my course and dive at Silfra they also organised just about my whole trip for me which they most definitely did not have to do. Silfra is an amazing dive and i could not believe just how colourful the place is when the sun shines down into the lake. Special thanks to Hossi, Claudia and Chris that made it all happen., Thanks guys and lets hope that we do it all again someday. I would most definitely use these people again.