“The highlight of my Iceland visit”
Review of DIVE.IS

and up
Silfra Snorkeling Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is without a doubt the best thing I did in my recent visit to Iceland. The guides were heaps of fun and gave great commentary on the drive there. When we arrived at Silfra, we were given a very good rundown of how the dive would go, what we'd see, a bit of history and then a rundown on how to use the equipment (none of us had used dry-suits before).

The equipment provided was top notch. I loved having a decent mask and fins for a change. And the dry-suit kept me dry and warm (with the help of my 2 sets of thermals - I highly recommend this). They provide hot chocolate and cookies while they change tanks.

We did 2 dives. The clarity is unbelievable - 100m+. I had a bit of a drink 10m down - the water tastes amazing! The blue is spectacular.

This dive is going to be one I'll always remember - especially with the amazing photos the guide took of us.

There are newer reviews for DIVE.IS

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I'm uncoordinated enough on dry land and even more so wrapped up in a rubber suit and breathing through a tube. But the guide was patient with me, and the snorkeling was terrific. Even though the January sky was gray, the colors underwater were really vivid. The dry suit kept me surprisingly comfortable (except for my exposed face, of course). I wish I'd brought a sandwich because the cocoa-and-cookies afterward weren't quite enough caloric fuel. But all in all, a great way to spend a half-day.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a snorkel tour with them for Pingvellir National Park. Snorkeled through a fissure between the two continental plates. Chris, our guide, was patient, knowledgeable, and professional. He explained everything from how to get dressed to where we would snorkel with a wry sense of humor. He was honest about how cold it would be and gave us hot cocoa to warm up after. Saw some great sights and would do it again in a heartbeat! Highly recommended!!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I can thoroughly recommend this activity. We went with DIVE.IS, and I cannot fault them. They are safe, professional, friendly and informative and great value.
I'm a poor swimmer, and nervous in deep water, however even I had no problems with the snorkelling. The dry suits provided are so buoyant, you feel like a cork bobbing along the surface. I was warmer than I expected - only your lip gets cold.

1  Thank BudgieMan
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend dived with dive.is and our friends snorkeled with them.

Where else in the world can you go for a dive in glacial fresh water between two continental plates? Truly an experience that will never be forgotten!

They provide good reliable equipment; dive suits, regs, bcds, masks, fins. Even hot chocolates between dives.

The guides are knowledgeable and friendly and makes for a good unforgettable day of diving!