Ways to Experience DIVE.IS
from $193.00
from $242.00
from $245.60
3,392 results
All reviews dry suit hot chocolate and cookies tectonic plates snorkeling tour once in a lifetime silfra fissure amazing experience clearest water diving experience continental plates wool socks water temperature bucket list explained everything great guide midnight sun these guys
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was our first dry suit dive and the guys at Dive.Is explained everything in fine detail. The dry suit also comes with a separate undergarment but be warned - wear good thermals, thick socks and a couple of good layers on top - I wore a base layer and thick long sleeved polo shirt.

Silfra is clear, clean glacier water and you can drink it. Underwater the visibility is exceptional. Obviously it's cold (between 1 and 3c I think) and you notice it particularly on your head - you've headgear of course but it's not part of the one piece dry suit so not as well insulated. We took our own masks but they don't use attached snorkels so leave them at home.

I found dry suits a bit constricting and during the second dive I was well and truly cold through, but this was because I'd forgotten to add air to my dry suit to make the insulation so remember to do that!

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I booked the tour well in advance. The pick-up was on time - the "Midnight Sun" tour is actually in late afternoon / early evening, when the site at Silfra is probably much less busy than during the day. My partner came along as a non-snorkelling passenger (at a cost) and there was no problem with this. The snorkelling itself was superb. I am a diver but I do not feel that I lost out at all by snorkelling rather than diving this site (to dive it you would need significant drysuit experience, in my view). As a snorkeller you get a fantastic aerial view of the inside of the fissure. Nina, the instructor (from Austria) was really excellent. She had a fairly large group of mostly inexperienced people and dealt with us professionally and efficiently. The trip did necessitate wearing a drysuit, which is not all that straightforward if you are not familiar with it, even for snorkelling. Nina ensured a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone in the group.

Date of experience: July 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you are capable of either diving or snorkelling, then GO GO GO! These guys and girls will do their utmost to make this stunning place even more stunning :-)

Date of experience: September 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We snorkelled the Silfra fissure on the last day of August so it wasnt midnight but around 7pm.
Between our thermals, under garment and dry suit we were kept very dry. The water clarity is everything they said it would be and the feeling that you were swimming between 2 tectonic plates was incredible.Our guides Pascale and Gui were great and helped and checked everyone get into their gear. It was a leisurely swim with the current and at the end we all got out and jumped off a big rock into that cold clear water. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: August 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Did a 3 day dive tour (499 euro). Two dives at Gardur, which was kind of boring. The third dive was in Kleifavatn. I did see the craters with bubbles going up. The third day we did 2 dives in Silfra. That was worth the trip. The dives before I could have done without. Silfra was amazing, 2 degrees in the water and amazing viz. That day we had great weather. I would come back to dive Silfra with Dive.is

Our guide Alfie was excellent with a good sense of humor. The dive gear was in good working condition. The lunch was hot chocolate and biscuits. Thanks to Alfie I had a good divetrip even though the diving at Gardur and Kleifavatn was kind of boring.

Date of experience: August 2012