“Top-Notch Dive Destination and Dive Shop”
Review of DIVE.IS

and up
Silfra Snorkeling Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A close second is our passion for creating once in a lifetime experiences for our guests. Our ambition is always to maximize the enjoyment and experience of our divers and non-divers alike through close personal attention and professional guidance. In all honesty, we do get our kicks primarily from the smiles on the faces of our people at the end of an epic dive
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The staff at Dive Iceland was very professional, engaging, and considerate of our group's first dry suit experience. They were everything I look for in a dive operation. The site... well... was off the hook. I have captured in my mind some of the vistas I had and, quite frankly, the most awesome in my 20+ years of diving. If you are a diver, have free night/afternoon in Reykjavic, do this!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,318)

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I was travling with friends and the Silfra trip had been highly recommended. We went in the evening and had the dive site to ourselves. The colors and geological formations were amazing. Special thanks to Hosi, Hanna and AJ who were great.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

My partner and I recently had the pleasure of diving Silfra crack with Dive.Is. From the very beginning we experienced nothing but friendly, efficient and professional service from the entire Dive.Is team. This included inquiry emails from Hossi, collection from our hotel, the dive briefing from Alfi, assistance with suiting up and gear handling from Reynar and Aron, and of course, the spectacular diving led by Aron. Despite being first time dry-suit divers, Aron made every one of us feel calm and comfortable enabling us to really enjoy the diving. Incredible scenery, amazing vis and the extremely professional team make this an unbeatable experience. If you're thinking about doing it, stop thinking and just book with Dive Is! And thanks again to Reynar and Aron for the great Reykjavík restaurant and cafe recommendations.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

My daughter and I did the midnight sun snorkelling in Silfra and will always remember the experience. We're now very inspired to become certified to dive so that if we return we can experience Silfra again from under the water instead of just from above.

Another reviewer rightly pointed out that as snorkelers we had more waiting around than the divers. They were entitled to two dives, which took some time. We had the option of doing a second round of snorkelling, but we were too cold and I suspect most snorkelers opt not to go again. We could have taken a walk, but it was raining. We had no problem waiting for the divers to complete their second dive but I understand that others might not be so patient. It's simply not practical for the company to offer separate excursions and, as Toby has said, there are benefits to both divers and snorkelers of being together. We were able to get perspective by looking down at the divers and they got to look up at us.

The waiting was the only small downside, mostly because we couldn't enjoy the surroundings due to rain and because we'd been up very early that morning to catch our flight to Reykjavik and were tired. Nonetheless, it's an experience not to miss! Toby and Reynar were very professional and super helpful, especially with getting everyone "suited up" in dry suits, which is no easy task.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Our friends went to Dive.is Thingvellir dive, loved it, said water is very blue/clean, beautiful. So thats the first place we visited after arrival. We did the "diving under the midnight sun". The water was not blue like their wet site, was just rock color, brown. Not sure cuz of the time of the day (sun was still out), wasnt pretty at all. The very young female dive instructor was not helpful at all. She was busy taking pictures under water, not helping us with equipment problems, my friend was up and down a few times couldnt stay at even level, her ears hurt so much after that and had to give up the second dive (total 2 dives). It was a very expensive $270 one dive of 30 minutes of suffering no fun no good scenary. We were very disappointed!

7  Thank bobolee55