“THE best of cuisine.”

Gallery Restaurant
Ranked #149 of 462 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: European, Scandinavian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gallery Restaurant was chosen the best restaurant in Iceland 2012 by Nordic Prize.The restaurant is set in an intimate room with beautiful artwork all around and offer several kinds of private rooms for groups and individual. The selection of our gourmet menus includes fresh Icelandic ingredients, steaks and seafood for lunch and dinner. Gallery Restaurant has never been better than right now, whether you are looking for a romantic meal with your loved one, dinner with friends or a family feast, this is the place to celebrate all that is good in life.Our walk-in wine cellar includes about 4000 vintage wines - why not try wine tasting in our cellar to set the mood for a memorable evening?Open every day from 12-14pm and 18-22:30pm.
Tipperary, Ireland
“THE best of cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Gallery Restaurant in Reykjavik is THE best eating experience we have ever experienced anywhere in the world. The artworks and setting make a wonderful backdrop for the works of art which appear on your plate. The chef's special menu is nothing short of exquisite with each mouthful exuding a different taste and texture presented with serious artistic aplomb. The staff are also extremely attentive yet very discreet. Nothing is too much trouble and they help to make this your eating experience, never to be forgotten at a price much less than expected for the quality. World class and well worth travelling to Iceland just for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We are staying at the Hotel Holt and we didn't want to put our jackets back on so we decided to eat in. We are so glad we did. We shared the veal. We had a hamburger at the burger joint and 3 hotdogs at the famous hot dog spot during the day so we asked the chef to make us a few salads and double down on the veggies instead of getting another dish. It started with a pumpkin soup taster from the chef...excellent. Next was the lobster bisque and one of the salads...both excellent. Then came the veal, veggies and another salad...extraordinary. We eat out a lot and it was exquisite. We finished it with desert and an espresso. We would definitely come back to this restaurant if our paths ever cross again. Well done.

Seattle, Washington
“Don't miss this experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Hotel Holt where we were staying. We were too tired to go out one night and decided to eat at the restaurant located within the hotel. It turned out to be one of the most memorable meals of my life. The food was the star, but the entire experience was special. The atmosphere of the restaurant is warm, romantic with walls adorned with original Icelandic art. We had two impeccably dressed, charming, professional waiters attending us. We chose the prix fixe menu to sample a bit of everything and glad we did. The courses were small, delectable and artful and plentiful. I barely had room for dessert, but managed! The gentlemen even brought me a sample of the famous Icelandic bread that's baked in the ground that I had been wanting to try but wasn't on the menu. As 'foodies', we eat our way around the world and both agreed this was an unforgettable dining experience.

• Visited October 2012
Groton MA
“Save the best for last”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I saved making my reservation to Gallery until my last night staying at Hotel Holt, I had read many reviews and did some research about the restaurant when I booked my stay at Holt. Dining in Reykjavik is pricey in general, but this is beyond just dining, if you appreciate fine food and fine wines then this is not to be missed! I had the Chef's menu, which was 5 courses total including the amuse bouche. Luckily I had only a cappuccino for lunch that day because it really was a large meal and I wanted to enjoy every aspect. Each course was prepared beautifully the flavors and textures were like layers complementing each other and adding real depth to each course served. The stellar attentive service and knowledge of my waiter with the perfect wine pairings made my meal even more special. I work in restaurants and attended french culinary school and although I sadly cannot afford to eat this richly every night, it has been quite the topic of conversation with my chef friends since I've returned home. thank you for a most memorable meal and fine way to end my trip to Iceland!

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Well worth the cost”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

The restaurant itself has walls covered with beautiful artwork and a very cozy feel. The wait staff was truly wonderful. Customer service can be an art form, something the staff here very clearly understands. The food was phenomenal. I could have turned the mushroom soup alone into a meal. Between the two of us we had the duck and tenderloin, both impeccably served and prepared exactly as requested. The wine list was also very impressive and much appreciated as well sat for almost three hours. The deserts were also a little slice of heaven. My personal favorite was the homemade donuts served with a raspberry puree. Cannot say enough about this restaurant and the service.

Visited February 2013