“Delicious food”

Balkanika
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We were at this restaurant the end of Sept. and the food was excellent and reasonably priced for Reykjavik. I agree that the service was slow. the waitress was in the back room and never seemed to come out but there was a bell on the desk and when I rang it, she appeared immediately. We sat by the window and enjoyed watching people walk past.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We went here looking for food in rather a hurry, and asked the waitress when we ordered if we would be able to finish in time. After assuring us we’d get our food in plenty of time, I ordered a dish of courgettes deep-fried with breadcrumbs and feta, and my partner got vegetable pancakes. The food ended up taking about 25-30 minutes to come out (which still left us with 20 minutes to eat, but we were growing increasingly nervous as time went on!). Both dishes were fairly small (a good thing in this case!). My courgettes didn’t seem to have much feta at all, and the breadcrumb coating tasted a little burned and was quite oily. Overall, quite bland. My partner’s veggie pancakes were much nicer, rich, creamy and tasty. It was a friendly, cheap little restaurant, and while the food wasn’t bad, it (and the slow service) didn’t compare to the excellent fare we had been eating all week elsewhere. We were both hungry a couple of hours later! On that basis, I wouldn’t rule out going back there, but I wouldn’t be making a beeline for it either

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had the veggie appertizer platter and my boyfriend had a kebabs. We both enjoyed our dinners and the vodka we drank with it... Service was super slow,but she was nice. The decor is on the plastic funky side but we had a great time!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had just some small dishesh like hummus and vegetarian pastries, which were delicious. But the decor was depressing with plastic kitch items.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We are always searching for new places to eat and we did find this little cosy and familiar Restaurant.
Food is really good and the price is also something for a small wallet.