“Fantastic. Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scuba Iceland

Scuba Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Iceland is a 5 Star PADI Dive Center that specializes in dive and snorkel tours all around Iceland and in beautiful Silfra, Thingvellir.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fantastic. Don't miss it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was an amazing snorkeling experience. The guide was super helpful, and the Silfra was amazing. Absolutely beautiful. Highly recommended.

• Korean first
“Scuba Iceland at silfra.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been out diving with Scuba Iceland at silfra to day.
We made two fantastic dives with our divemaster Mika. It was awesome and a visibility for at least 150 m. I recommend this place and Scuba Iceland to everyone that want an experience out of the normal dives. //karin

Jesenice, Slovenia
“Magical Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

As this was my first time in Iceland I wanted to make the whole trip as memorable as possible and this snorkel most definitely one of the best things I did when I was there. Everything was very organised and well planed. The snorkel/dive site itself is amazing! The visibility between the tectonic plates was breathtaking and despite the freezing glacier water I was in I was not cold at all due to the drysuits we were given. On top of all this our guide Miha was very knowledgeable, fun and nice which made the trip even more fun. I would strongly recommend this trip to everyone. Thanks again to Miha and Scuba Iceland for an unforgettable day!

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Miha was our "leader" for the day and he was very helpful and funny. Prior to going on the tour you give them your height, weight, and shoe size so they can estimate your drysuit size. Just putting on the thermal suit, then the drysuit, hood, and gloves in high winds is an experience in itself. You walk to a platform after putting on the flippers and snorkel, then the current pushes you through the water. You really don't have to do much work. The only time you have to actually swim is towards the end when you have to make a left to get to the platform. Don't worry if you need help though, Miha came to the rescue to drag me in.

Will all the equipment and preparation only your hands and face are exposed to the water. And with the gloves, despite being wet your hands stay warm. And the cold water on my face was very tolerable. No complaints from me for cold or wetness-- just being tired after walking back to the car carrying the wet gear. And as far as what your see, there's no creatures to see like you do snorkeling in warm waters. But the colors are beautiful, and where else can you snorkel between tectonic plates? I'd say give it a go if you're in Iceland. Thank you Miha and scuba.is

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Amazing experience and staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

On a recent visit to Iceland, my partner and I met a girl at a restaurant who had just dived in Silfra. She talked highly about her experience and gave us Scuba Iceland's website, so we decided to look into it. We sent an inquiry email about going snorkeling and Nena responded to us very promptly. Despite the short notice, they were able to take us out snorkeling and we're so glad that they did.

Staff: Nena was spectacular during the whole excursion. She was super friendly and she made sure that everyone was comfortable. She gave clear instructions throughout the morning and made sure that everyone was comfortable in their dry suits. My partner felt that the neck part of his suit was very tight and she made sure to resolve the problem before we headed into the water. She also helped members of the group put on and take off the snorkeling equipment, which was very appreciated! Great work Nena!

Equipment: Scuba Iceland provided us with a lot of gear so that we could brave the cold waters. They have a variety of sizes as well. Throughout our time in the water, my body didn't feel cold at all. My hands were the only part of my body to feel the effects of the cold water. After we changed out of our suits, we were provided with hot chocolate and cookies which really hit the spot! The warmth of the hot chocolate and the sweetness of the cookies were the perfect pick-me-up after being in the water.

Experience: From the diving platform, the water looks like a simple stream, but once you're in it, the stream reveals a hidden wonderland. The visibility was very high and the rocky cliffs under the water are an awe-inspiring sight. You really don't want the experience to end because the views are amazing! If you're looking to have a unique and memorable experience in Iceland, I highly recommend snorkeling or diving in Silfra.

My recommendations: A few tips for those doing this activity in the future. (A) Wear tight fitting base layers on the day of the trip. You can wear these under the dry suit for extra comfort and warmth. (B) Bring an underwater camera if you have one. I wish I had one to document the stunning underwater sights.

Thanks to Scuba Iceland for a memorable experience in Iceland!