“Beautiful (but cold)”
Review of Scuba Iceland

Scuba Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Iceland is a 5 Star PADI Dive Center that specializes in dive and snorkel tours all around Iceland and in beautiful Silfra, Thingvellir.
Toronto, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Beautiful (but cold)”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and son did the snorkeling rather than the scuba. This is one of those"I'm here, when will I ever see best ween the Teutonic plates again" things to do. With that, when will you??? Mina, the guide, was terrific - knew what he was doing, got everyone outfitted quickly and, most importantly, gave a great tour. The water is amazingly clear and you see lots and it is a once in a lifetime, and only here experience. It is cold though and so I decided I didn't need to do it at this point in my lifetime. If you do, I'd highly recommend Miha and this tour for you!

1 Thank cdnfamilytraveller

• Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“What an experience!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When my boyfriend told me I was going snorkelling in 2 degree Celsius water, I was more than a little nervous! I didn't really want to do this because I was so worried about the cold but went along with it because I know how much he wanted to go scuba diving.
Our baggage had been lost by the airline when we arrived into Iceland so we had hardly anything with us and were going to cancel our scuba because he didn't even have swimwear. Finni the owner convinced us not to waste the day and that they could provide everything and he was true to his word. We were fortunately the only 2 customers that day, so had a guide each. They were both fantastic - a young Danish couple.
They took the time to explain to us where we were going, and what we were doing, and the process for the dry suits.

Yes the water is very cold but the dry suits will keep you very warm as the water only touches a few very small parts of your face. The visibility in the water was absolutely stunningly clear - I've never seen it like that. There's no fish because the water is so cold but there are deep chasms and this unusual fluoro green sort of algae. You can drink the water it is so clean and clear. The hot chocolate afterwards was very welcome because even in the middle of summer, Iceland is very cold!

It's an experience very few people would have the opportunity to do and I thoroughly enjoyed it. You won't see coral or fish or turtles but for something very different with fantastic guides I highly recommend it. Like everything in Iceland, it wasn't cheap.

Visited July 2013
Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant evening”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had a great time snorkelling along the silfra, such a fantastic experience! The dry suits are amazing, so much warmer than I expected to be (except little sections of my face but all bearable!) Miha was brilliant telling us a lot of interesting facts not only about the silfra and lake but also about the country. Would recommend scuba iceland as the groups seem to be a lot smaller than some of the other companies we saw which allowed us to take our time a little more and feel that we were being looked out for and the service we received prior to our snorkelling experience from Nena was brilliant. Thanks again to the whole team for your help and Miha, if we were here longer we would have taken you out for a beer!

1 Thank Kate_201516
Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Divining and Staff”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My sons and I dove Silfur. First time in dry suit Misha from slovenia picked us up on time, really helped with the gear and led the dive like a divemaster should. Great experience overall, but, the "march of death" after the dive was very exhausting. Any experienced, advanced divr should try this when in Iceland.

Nena and her husband als extremely helpful

1 Thank fredruth
Scherpenheuvel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was really nice to go diving at Silfa with Scuba Iceland!
The scenery outside the water is already verry nice, but under water it's pretty amazing!
I really liked the excellent guidance of Nena and here friendly collegues, it was only my 10th dive and had not a lot of experience with dry suit-diving, but Nena assured me and it only went great!
The organisation was very flexible (we booked the day before when we saw their van along the parking place) and excellent!
some minor remarks:
-the dives are rather short: about 2 times 25 minutes
-it's a lot of many for such short dives
-too bad there aren't any fish! ;-)

Visited July 2013