“Professional, Fun and Easy”
Review of Scuba Iceland

Scuba Iceland
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Iceland is a 5 Star PADI Dive Center that specializes in dive and snorkel tours all around Iceland and in beautiful Silfra, Thingvellir.
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Professional, Fun and Easy”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

A pleasure to deal with. Booking was straight forward and I received prompt responses to all my inquiries. Dive itself was great - just me and the dive master, who made sure we got to the site before the other groups so that we had the site to ourselves. The equipment was also good quality, "all made in Sweden" - which I was assured was a good thing!

Overall, a great morning diving. Would definitely recommend Scuba Iceland.

Visited October 2012

• Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
“Dive like no other!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

This was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Iceland! I don't think any of my friends can say they have snorkelled in the crystal clear waters dividing two continents! There was only my girlfriend and I in our group, led by the excellent Gudjon. He was by far one of the best tour guides we'd ever had! He informed us on what we were in for and gave us a great run down on the natural history of the surrounding landscape. After the dive he also told us the best places to visit around reykjavik. He also had Hot chocolate and cookies waiting for us after the dive.

You'd be crazy not to do this dive, the water is refreshing(through your dry suit), the sights are amazing and the service(especially if you get Gujdon) is outstanding.

Do it!

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“LEVEL UP!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Snorkelling in Silfra was sooooo good!! It was really interesting and beautiful. And I was surprisingly warm - except my hands. Gudjon is super rad! He is friendly and gave us a whole lot of extra info. The end jump was worth it.

Visited September 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“beautiful and fun”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

snorkeling beweent two continent was a very cool thing to do. the guide Gudjon also very helpful , fun and professional. i definitive would recommend this company and trip everyone

1 Thank Carlvondutch
Miami Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Cold - really just a state of mind....”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I actually planned my trip to Iceland around my desire to dive Silfra. I saw it in a magazine...can't remember which mag, but I went to Iceland with the sole purpose of diving Silfra - and honestly if you have come this far in investigating diving in Iceland, the decision you have to make is not to dive Silfra (because that is an obvious YES) but who to dive Silfra with! You would never guess, but there a lots of dive shops/choices in Reykjavic! The purpose of this review is to help any reader make the clear choice when figuring out who to dive with...that choice is owner Finni and his team at Scuba Iceland.
From the very first communication Finni was quick to reply and keen to help me out with my barrage of questions. Dives were reconfirmed the evening before and I was picked up at accommodation when they said they would. A pre-dive-brief brief was given at the shop and then we were sized up for our drysuits....I am 100 pounds soaking wet and was concerned that there wasn't going be a suit for me, I think I ended up wearing the owners' 12 yo daughter's suit... a perfect fit and a tri-laminate giving me extra maneuverability especially handy for taking photos. The dive team then packed up the trailer of gear and us and we headed out to the infamous Silfra. Finni gave a great dive brief as his 2 divemasters set up the gear - this is no small production and they had doubles and triples of all their gear to make sure that we had not only the right option but the best option. No one in the group had dived a drysuit before and after a short but very specific briefing we geared up and headed for the crack in the ground! The diveguide Linus was with us the entire time, very observant, very careful and very nice and there by the person's side at the first sign of any concern or problem. We were 3 with him and the other group were 4 with their guide - good numbers especially if you are new to drysuits. The drysuit was a little tricky to get used at first...and yes experience with a drysuit will help before this type of dive... I have about 150 dives under my belt and comfortable in the water, it took about 10 minutes to get the hang of the buoyancy control via the suit and the BCD - I also had a camera/fisheye lens with me...!!! I'm glad I did, but it is very tricky to take photos while you are bouncing up and down trying to make sure you figure out how to level out without giving yourself the bends or smacking into a rock....suit first then camera!!! In between dives there is hot chocolate and cookies to warm up with...another wonderful service...I also cheated a little and grabbed dry gloves and hood for my second dive - for sure the second dive you get colder much faster than the first dive. (I also think any water temp under 80F is cold so the 34F water was very difficult for me!!!) The second dive was awesome - even better that the first...of course I knew what I was doing with my suit and I was able to take some really phenomenal pictures. After it was all said and done we were taken directly back to our accommodation for drop off. Extremely friendly team and simply just a great dive operation all-round. I will be back and I will dive with them again in Silfra and in some of the other locations that are famed in Iceland
NOTE - the dive itself is very simple - you can't get lost, you follow the group and the guide, it is not a difficult dive at all, the difficulty is everything else....its cold, I mean really really cold...they are not kidding about that and the first 5 minutes felt like I was being slapped repeatedly in the face with a frozen fish! And you have to walk in your gear....really really walk and if you are really a diver you know that a real diver carries their own gear...even if it's 3/4 of their own body weight! and you carry it for a decent distance. I may have cried a little on the inside while carrying the gear back to the car after the dive, but it sure didn't stop or prevent me from doing it all over again for the second time. No one hurries you and you can absolutely take your own time in walking to and from the dive site, but be aware that it's not easy - in fact my quads were sore for 3 days after the dive! Best leg workout ever!!!!

Visited August 2012