“Really authenthic tasting Nepali food!”
Review of Nepalese Kitchen

Nepalese Kitchen
Ranked #72 of 466 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed. It plans to reopen mid of April 2017. Nepalese Kitchen restaurant offers a delicately spiced Nepalese and Indian Grill & Curry. Kitchen's Nepalese dishes originate predominantly in the Newari cuisine, praised for its rich taste as well as for its dietary benefits. All our food is glutein free. If you have any allergies, please let us know and we will adjust the food for you.
Helsinki, Finland
“Really authenthic tasting Nepali food!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were here on the Christmas Eve and luckily we got a reservation. At that day they had booked too many people and too few staff were working so they were in trouble. It took 1h 45mins for us to get food after ordering! But considering the day of the year, it was acceptable. And it was worth the wait. In a long time I haven't tasted such an authentic tasting Nepali food since I was visiting in Nepal! Really tasteful and once for all, also REALLY SPICY as we asked for! Also moderately priced. If wanting some good Nepali food, do stop by over here.

Visited December 2013

Derbyshire
“Excellent in all respects”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

After having lived in Nepal for 5 years I feel that I am well positioned to comment on Nepalese cuisine. Whenever I arrive in a city I always look for a Nepalese restaurant and this is what I did in Iceland. The food was very tasty and authentic. The quality was exceptional and by Iceland standards, good value. The Nepalese chef came to speak with all the guests and he is very typical of all people from Nepal. His friendly manner, combined with his willingness to suggest dishes was well received by everyone in the restaurant. I would fully recommend the food, service and friendliness of this restaurant.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank berreeche
London, United Kingdom
“What's all the fuss about?”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Whilst the service was good,ordering and actually getting the food took an absolute age. When it arrived I was very pleased with my choice of the Nepalese curry (despite being a Nepalese curry house this was the only curry from Nepal on the menu), it was sweet and lightly spiced, it was in fact really good. However the two other curries on our table were bitter, bland and didn't resemble the curries they were suppose to. I'm certainly no chef but I make and eat a huge number of curries and I was surprised something could be made so bland.
We actually sent one of the meals back because it was so bad but I have to give credit to the owner who apologised profusely and insisted in bringing us another saying that 'he can cook all night, what's important is that you have a good evening'. Unfortunately the meal was only marginally better than the first.
Eating in Iceland is expensive but for what you get here this place is very steep. The sole redeeming factor was my curry and I could happily eat that all night...

Visited December 2013
1 Thank I_am_de_La_Condamine
Columbus, Ohio
“Best curry I've ever had”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten a lot of Indian food, and this restaurant surpasses most. The chicken tikka appetizer was outstanding and the nepalese curry was the best I've ever had. The chef even came out to ask everyone how the food was. Fantastic restaurant.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mitrinehart
“Couldn't recommend”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had to wait nearly 2 hours for mostly cold food. They looked understaffed, but that's not really a good excuse.

Food was fairly tasty but I wouldn't say fantastic. Maybe ask how long the wait is before sitting down? Also, rice was pretty cold, dry and unimaginative. Strange as we were expecting good things due to reviews.

1 Thank Mystakidis