“Tasty food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nepalese Kitchen

Nepalese Kitchen
Ranked #57 of 455 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Asian, Tibetan, Indian, Nepali
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Nepalese Kitchen restaurant offers a delicately spiced Nepalese and Indian Grill & Curry. Kitchen's Nepalese dishes originate predominantly in the Newari cuisine, praised for its rich taste as well as for its dietary benefits. All our food is glutein free. If you have any allergies, please let us know and we will adjust the food for you.
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner on Christmas Day, we enjoyed the mixed grill and my wife ordered chickpeas. Both tasteful, little meat on the plate but ok...very friendly staff.

San Francisco, California
“odd tasting food/rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had Nepalese food before so when our dishes arrived (veg korma and lamb special that owner recommended) we couldn't believe how odd it all tasted - not salty, not sweet, not sour, but somehow bitter and bland at the same time - very odd. Rice was dry, tasteless too. Veggies probably just steamed and tossed inside, so everything was just a mush.

Owner was bossing the new waitress around. She brought our food and tried to place it in front of us; he cut her off mid sentence and took the dish from her hand mid-air and said something in abrasive tone. He also used the same tone with me when I said food was not very good.

We couldn't believe our eyes - we finally FOUND ONE RUDE PERSON in the whole ICELAND!! We were beginning to think they didn't have any.

we paid about 80$ for dinner. Def NOT worth it and wouldn't recommend it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LatteAddict12333
Wellington, New Zealand
“Very good Nepalese and Indian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

This place is a real find. It's not like the traditional English "Rogan Josh and Vindaloo" place at all. While it has a few recognisable Indian dishes, the Nepali ones we tried were just superb. A "Mountain Lamb" (I forget what it was called on the menu) and a fish curry is a creamy tomato sauce were wonderful. The service was attentive and the decor mostly pictures of Nepal. The chef appeared at one stage to check we were enjoying everything. And the price is pretty reasonable by Icelandic standards.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Northeast Harbor, Maine
“Authentic and delicious... DO not miss this amazing restaurant!fu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at many Indian/Nepalese/Pakistani restaurants and I must say this is by far, one of the most amazing restaurants that I have been to. The Nepalese momo's(dumplings) were fresh and tasty. The curries were authentic and each flavor exploded with each bite. All of the food is made from scratch and it's obvious throughout the meal. I am so surprised to find such an amazing South Asian restaurant in Iceland but it was perfect and made my vacation even more special. The owner, Deepak, is very kind and offered to help me when I try to cook the fish curry back home.... I plan to hold him to that! Hope he opens up a place in the US one day or I'll be flying back to Iceland for his restaurant :-)

London, United Kingdom
“Bringing Asian taste to Iceand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Came to Iceland with my boyfriend for his birthday not expecting to find such a variety of food, especially not for vegetarian/vegan diners but we were in for a shock when we found this amazing esturant. Really friendly staff and perfect portion size.
We had poppadoms/ vegetarian curries/ rice and nanns. The Peshwari nann was amazing and would recommend this resturant to anyone. Definately be returning when we visit iceland again.