“Really excellent, and a bit different.”
Review of Nepalese Kitchen

Nepalese Kitchen
Ranked #83 of 496 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nepalese Kitchen restaurant offers a delicately spiced Nepalese and Indian Grill & Curry. Kitchen's Nepalese dishes originate predominantly in the Newari cuisine, praised for its rich taste as well as for its dietary benefits. All our food is glutein free. If you have any allergies, please let us know and we will adjust the food for you.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We ate here on our first night in Reykjavik, and again at the end of our 18 day round trip. I've eaten in quite a few Nepalese restaurants (none actually in Nepal yet, unfortunately!), and generally found the food to be not greatly different to usual Indian restaurant cuisine. However, the food here is distinctly different. In all, we tried 3 of the fish dishes. Each was beautifully spiced and delicious. The tomato and cucumber salad is wonderfully hot and spicy, and the starters were delicious. In all, it was some of the best curry I've ever eaten anywhere. Service was a bit hit and miss on our first visit, I have to say (in terms of having to remind the waiter what we'd orderer), but fine on our second visit. Both times though the waiter was welcoming, warm and friendly. We will most definitely eat here again, whenever we are in Reykjavik. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Paulfranacist
There are newer reviews for Nepalese Kitchen

Reviewed September 22, 2013

After traveling in Iceland for three weeks eating crackers and cup a soup, I was looking dinner at a relatively good price and great quality. Well it it was! Being a vegetarian (no red meat or pork) there was plenty of options on the menu for me. I choose the chicken biryani....a very good choice, The cook came to the table as well and asked about the meal to ensure it was to our satisfaction.

I would recommend this place to everyone

1  Thank TravellingFinn23
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Good vegetarian selection, and the chef/owner even made us a dish that wasn't on the menu. The staff were friendly and attentive, the food really fresh and tasty. It was, being Iceland, quite expensive but in this case well worth it.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stopped there on a Sunday evening after a long day of excursions in the country side and I was not disappointed.

I started with the onion mushroom pakora, which were absolutely delicious. I followed with the Bheda special biryani, a rice with lamb that, without being the best I ever had, was quite good.

The plate of papadum was plenty and excellent. And the beer was great.

Overall an excellent meal, certainly more expansive that what I would have paid for the same thing at home, but Iceland is expansive everywhere....

1  Thank MichaelOttawa_Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant capped our iceland tour and could not have been a more fitting end. The food was absolutely delicious, and the tandoori chicken and mint chutney just melted in our mouths. Ashesh, the owner, was the ultimate host and made are we were well attended to. With only 7 tables, we were lucky to get in early, and the space quickly filled up. Would strongly recommend it if you like interesting food.

1  Thank jpny2