“Fantastically odd pairing of great Nepalese food in iceland”
Review of Nepalese Kitchen

Nepalese Kitchen
Ranked #93 of 529 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nepalese Kitchen restaurant offers a delicately spiced Nepalese and Indian Grill & Curry. Kitchen's Nepalese dishes originate predominantly in the Newari cuisine, praised for its rich taste as well as for its dietary benefits. All our food is glutein free. If you have any allergies, please let us know and we will adjust the food for you.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place had a great vibe good service and the food was fantastic. The owner and chef are from napal. I highly suggest the vegetarian section of the menu. My brother and I. Celebrated the end of our iceland trip here I just wish we had found it earlier in our trip

1  Thank Darknladewing87

Reviewed July 22, 2013

enjoyed the wonderful food and attentive service so much returned the following evening with a friend. every bit as good! highly recommend this restaurant

1  Thank viv-morg M
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I went into Kitchen, interested to try Nepalese food, which we had never had before. The menu was largely Indian-looking, but the dishes were different enough to make them interesting and delicious. The waiter was friendly and attentive, and later on the chef (and I think owner) came over to our table to see how we liked the food. I love seeing chefs who are proud enough of their food to do this.

We can't wait to return to Kitchen Eldhus, even if just for the prawn dish. I'll be dreaming about that sauce.

2  Thank BklynKen
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great meal at Kitchen Eldhus. We loved being able to try a beer from the Indian/Nepalese area we hadn't tried before and both of the mains we shared were excellent.
The spices were tasty and each dish tasted different to the other (which isn't always the case in restaurants!)
We had asked for one dish to be spicy and he made it more spicy for us which was great.

The owner took care of us and was great to chat with too.

I recommend this restaurant to others visiting Reykjavik.

2  Thank JordyCaine
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wandered in here at random while wandering around downtown. The sign advertises it as a place for Nepalese cuisine with the name of the place squeezed into the corner as an afterthought. The anonymous, hole-in-the-wall location and layout may be the reason we saw dozens of people pause and glance at the menu before moving on. It's their loss, though, as the food here was fantastic.

We both had lamb dishes, and I was positively surprised to find that Kitchen Eldhus delivers the heat it advertises. My hot lamb dish was actually quite hot by northern European standards, which I think is great. My wife ordered a less hot dish, and both were wonderfully spiced and balanced with rich flavours. The accompanying naan was also delicious, and I'd like to recommend the Peshwari naan in particular.

Good, friendly service, cheerful atmosphere, and not too pricey. Great place all around.

2  Thank StoutGnome