“Amazing tour with an amazing tour guide”
Review of Iceland Horizon

Iceland Horizon
Book In Advance
More Info
$133.94*
and up
Full Day Small Group South Shore Tour by Minibus
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating only a few select daily scheduled tours which are always in small groups, Iceland Horizon is a small, family run tour operation with no intention of becoming a large bus company. Our philosophy has always been that you are travelling on a guided tour and the bus is just a means of transport, keeping the experience more personal, friendly and fun for both travellers and guides. We also arrange tours for groups wanting a private or individual arrangement.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you´re looking for a company to do the Golden Circle tour, don´t look any further! Our tour guide David made this tour very enjoyable, he has a great sense of humor and you learn a lot of very interesting facts about Iceland.

He picked us up at the hotel, small group minibus and very personal service. No payment required in advance. Plenty of time at each stop, you don´t feel rushed as you might with big coach companies. I would definitely recommend Iceland Horizon to everyone.

1  Thank Glemmy87
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I booked this excellent one-day small group tour since I wanted a more in-depth and more personal type of tour than a big bus tour. I was thrilled with my luck for choosing this tour. David, the tour guide, added so much color and fun to the tour attributed to his great sense of humor, which made this must-see tour truly outstanding.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were traveling in a group of 50 and wanted a more personal experience. I read about this organization on line and contacted them. they were very willing to accommodate us and confirmed the reservation , picked us up at the hotel and returned us there as well. Our group was 12 people and everyone was very friendly. no payment was required in advance. David was our driver and guide. He gave us a lot of good information about Iceland and at each stop also gave us time to roam a bit on our own. At one point we stopped and the ponies came to the fence and we were able to pet them which was a real treat.He stopped for bathroom breaks and food was available at some of the sites' visitor centers. It was a relaxing and pleasant day. I would definitely recommend this agency for a wonderful Iceland experience. He also returned us to our door in a timely manner so we were able to get to the Blue Lagoon.

1  Thank larkenRidgefield_CT
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just adding to everyone elses praises really. Incredibly easy to book from UK. No payment required in advance. Reliable pick-up, small group using a mini coach rather than a mini bus. There is a difference with the mini coach being much more comfortable. David was our guide and very interesting. Thanks.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked the Snaefellsnes Peninsula Tour after our Golden Circle tour with David, and were really excited about it (it was our last day in Iceland!). We were bummed out because that day the weather was foul (it snowed earlier), the skies were grey and it was very windy.

Nonetheless, we went on! Our driver was not David (don't remember his name), and much to our surprise he barely spoke during our 8 hour tour. I found myself thinking many times: "Wow this is boring!" and wishing I had done something else.

At one point in our tour, the weather was so scary some of the passengers (myself included) wanted to turn back, and I must say it was really amazing to feel that our tour guide was willing to do whatever we felt like doing. He even said: "If you don't feel safe, I'll turn back."

He seemed pretty comfortable driving under those weather conditions, and promised he would bring us back safely (which he did!). He took great decisions like not driving up a mountain (there was a snow blizzard up there!) and took us to see incredible places instead.

He was extremely polite and nice, yet barely noticeable. Sometimes I thought he might be really quiet because he was concentrating on the road, but even when the sun came out and the skies cleared, he was still practically mute!

He never rushed us (which was amazing), but to be completely honest, this tour left us feeling like we payed too much.

1  Thank correoparalimari