“I Left Wanting More....”
Review of Iceland Horizon

Iceland Horizon
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating only a few select daily scheduled tours which are always in small groups, Iceland Horizon is a small, family run tour operation with no intention of becoming a large bus company. Our philosophy has always been that you are travelling on a guided tour and the bus is just a means of transport, keeping the experience more personal, friendly and fun for both travellers and guides. We also arrange tours for groups wanting a private or individual arrangement.
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My recent trip to Iceland culminated with a tour of the Golden Circle hosted by David of Iceland Horizon. David apologizes for speaking so much, but he is so full of knowledge of the country and he wants to share it with his guests...no complaints here. His stories weren't "canned" and you felt his pride of being a part of the Icelandic culture. David watches for the crowds and changed the order of destinations visited to minimize congestion with the other tour groups on the same route. The tour group was small and inviting. Iceland Horizon will be my first contact on my next trip to Iceland.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

A great introduction to Iceland. David provides the perfect introduction to the country, not only the sights but an insight into the essence of the place. Entertaining and informative with the personal touch. He uses a minibus rather than a big coach, which has advantages in flexibility and avoiding the crowds, as far as this is possible for such a popular circuit. this will set you up for a great holiday in Iceland.

4  Thank Merlyn29
Reviewed May 25, 2011

David is the (only?) guide and he will pick you up in a smaller van with about 12 people. My fiance and I went on the Golden Cirlce and the Snaefellsness tours and they were both really great. The tour itself is on a smaller scale (in terms of people) and David is full of knowledge---geology, politics, economics--everything. He is also British. I only mention this b/c since it's mostly foreigners who go on the tours, he offers a great persepctive on the country and what it's all about. He also has a wicked sense of humor. he's a hilarious guy and incredibly easygoing. What I loved most about both tours is that there was a lot of opportunity for spontaneous stops along the way. I don't want to really give anything away, but each place we stopped at was very special and eye-opening. I would recommend the Snaefellsness if you could only choose one tour. Snaefellness (especially in May) has a lot less people and the area is incredible. It's a great opportunity to see a more rural and rugged Iceland. It was so beautiful and I would definitely go back and do it again. The prices are very decent, as well. Considering how much money you will be spending in Iceland...the tours were worth it. Thank you, David.

2  Thank queenchristina32
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We did the Golden Circle Tour on April 30th and we had a fantastic local guide through Iceland Horizon Tours - he was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with regards to giving advice for other attractions in Reykjevik. We spent a week in Iceland and this was the last of 4 other organized tours and by far it was the best overall and best value for your money - I would highly recommend.

3  Thank JohnDPToronto
Reviewed May 3, 2011

The tour we went on included visting the Geysers, the water falls and walking between the European and American tectonic plates and it was all amazing. Its a day long tour but passes quite fast as you see so much and are taken to so many places. Its also guided which makes it a lot more interesting and you appreciate what you're seeing a lot more. I'd already seen everything in photos and on TV but you have to see them in real life to fully appreciate them. The Geyser erupts every 5-10 minutes and is impressive every time and the water falls were huge but the highlight had to be the walk inbetween and to the top of the tectonic plates. I've never seen views like it and it was snowing which made it even more beautiful. A few different companies do this tour at varying prices but whatever one you choose you won't regret it.

3  Thank Tara2704