“Bustravel Iceland: A solid value, especially with Ragnar”
Review of BusTravel Iceland

Grand Golden Circle Day Trip from Reykjavik
$79.90*
Golden Circle Afternoon Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: BusTravel Iceland is a youthful and ageless day tour operator, providing guided day tours from Reykjavik to the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland. More nature, more fun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Saugus, Massachusetts
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Bustravel Iceland: A solid value, especially with Ragnar”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I posted already on the Golden Circle page, but I wanted to make sure Ragnar's employers had every chance to see my praise for him. The sights were absolutely incredible, but you can do a Google image search for that to see that you'd be in for a treat to see them in person.

Let me just add, as an aside, that they're absolutely breathtaking. I do not mean to diminish the beauty that is Iceland in any way, shape, or form, and everyone should do whatever they can to visit there as soon and as frequently as possible.

But that said, the sights are the sights. It takes a special tour guide to make them more enjoyable. Ragnar was quite funny which certainly helped, but above all he was knowledgeable. He clearly has a love of what he does as well as his homeland, and my girlfriend and I from the first 10 minutes kept saying to each other "I really hope we don't get transferred to another bus; this guy is awesome!" Fortunately for us, we did not for two reasons: first, we got to have Ragnar as a tour guide, and an expert who happens to be really enthusiastic as well as personable is the best possible kind of tour guide. The second reason is that our group was relatively small, so Q+A was readily available, and many people on the tour took advantage of this.

Bustravel Iceland is one of the cheaper options available, which is why we went with them. After our experience, we both wholeheartedly encourage anyone visiting Iceland to take any tours they can with them. The value for tours like the one we have is crazy! We both learned a lot, got some amazing photos and saw some incredible sights, and above all we had a great time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great trip”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went on the Golden Circle afternoon trip with a group of friends and we all think it was a great experience. The tour guide, Ingvar, was friendly, funny and very well informed. I have no problem giving top score to Bustravel and I highly recommend it.
We also booked Bustravel to pick us up at the airport when we arrived. The driver was waiting at the airport when we came and he drove us to the Blue Lagoon and later in the afternoon to the hotel we were staying in.
Very good prices and very good service!!

1 Thank MFS933
london
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Don't do it!!! Seriously...”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was booked in for a half-day tour. It was a small group in a van. The driver was the tour guide as well. All tour companies in Iceland have complementary pick up from your hotel. I sensed something was wrong when every time the woman/tour guide had to get out of the van to look for one of the passengers who wasn't waiting at the door, she rolled her eyes (btw, it was about 5 degrees outside). No smile, no welcome greeting as you got onto the van. Things quickly went downhill from there.

We got out of the van at the first stop and I miscalculated the time that would take me to walk back to the van to arrive at the agreed time. Consequently I arrived 5 minutes late according to my watch (10mins according to hers). As I was about 20 meters from the van, she came out of the van and yelled at me "hurry up everyone is waiting for you" in a very bad manner, to the point that her screams rose some eyebrows among the other people on the trail walking next to me. When I went into the van, she said in front of everyone "you are very rude for leaving all these people waiting", to what I explained I had miscalculated how long it´d take me to walk back. Honestly, we are talking about 5 minutes here. She made me feel horrible and ruined the entire afternoon for me with her terrible manners.

In the second stop of the trip, another woman travelling in the group requested to go to the bathroom, and the tour guide said "no" because again we had run out of time... obviously the woman went to the bathroom anyway and the tour guide got into the van complaining about it to everyone else.

I sent an email to Bustravel complaining about her, and I never got a response. I tried to locate the office, but the address end up being a bus garage... (!?) I finally managed to talk to someone over the phone, but the man who picked up the phone offered no apology on her behalf.

I went on the tour to have a good time and relax, not to be humilliated by a tourist guide, who clearly does not know how to make people feel welcome. She needs to chill out and maybe stop working in a client-facing role as she clearly has no manners.

There are plenty of excellent tour operators in Iceland. All of the other companies I used where super polite and lively. No reason why to use this company at all. Save yourself a disappointment and use any other company! We all know big part of having a good time is the experience you have while getting to the destination...

5 Thank teresa m
Penrith, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“BUSTRAVEL ARE GREAT”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was in Iceland in 2012 and used Bustravel, 1 year later and we were back in Iceland.
We pre booked our tours with again with Bustravel Iceland, and yet again they were great.
They do a super special offer of airport pick-ups, Grand Golden Circle and Blue Lagoon all for 16,500k which works out about £90 per person which for Iceland is super value for money.
They have always been on time, nice friendly drivers.
I would 100% recommend this company, Great value for money!!

Great Yarmouth
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Excellent in every way!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed in Reykjavik and there are no end of tours to be had all of them with various prices. We chose Bustravel Iceland because they offered a small group Golden Circle half day tour (12pm - 7pm!?) at a very reasonable price.

Ingvar was our guide and he was brilliant! He was extremely friendly and well informed of the history of Iceland and the awesome wonders it holds!
The tour was not rushed in any way and Ingvar encouraged questions which he always answered although he abstained when he was asked if he believed in the Trolls!

If you're considering a tour, I cannot recommend Bustravel Iceland enough