“Airport to Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik”
Review of BusTravel Iceland

Grand Golden Circle Day Trip from Reykjavik
$79.90*
Golden Circle Afternoon Tour from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Owner description: BusTravel Iceland is a youthful and ageless day tour operator, providing guided day tours from Reykjavik to the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland. More nature, more fun.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bennet, Nebraska
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Airport to Blue Lagoon to Reykjavik”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

According to the information on their website, the earliest pickup at the airport to the Blue Lagoon is 09:15. Our flight arrived at 06:35, but we had arranged the 09:15 ride. We knew that the Lagoon does not open until 10:00. About 8:45 the driver came into the airport looking for us. We were the only passengers. He hardly spoke during the ride. Not exactly a warm welcome to the country. He dropped us off in the parking lot of the Lagoon shortly after 09:00, leaving us to stand in the cold until it opened. He did point to a path that we were to follow. It was the same driver for the remaining transfer later that day into Reykjavik. Same warm (?) welcome! We were really glad we had not arranged our other tours with Bustravel Iceland.

Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Afternoon Golden Circle Tour”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We took the Afternoon Golden Circle Tour and it was the highlight of our time in Iceland. Our driver was Ingvar and he shared information on a wide range of topics and answered all our questions. Everyone on the bus had fun and we felt like we knew so much more about the country after the tour. A large part of it was having such a friendly welcoming tour guide/driver.

We did not book Bustravel for our airport transfers but wished we had as the Iceland Excursions (Gray Line) driver who was to pick us up at 4:30 am flew right past us at 4:45 am and we chased him down the street without success. We finally found a taxi at 5:30 and barely made our 7:30 flight. Gray Line has not been helpful in their responses to what happened, offering to return 1/3 of what we paid them for the roundtrip transfer and none of the taxi cost ($125 USD).

Visited August 2012
2 Thank ken2633
Budapest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Golden Circle and Blue lagoon tours”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked the "Special offer" which included air port-hotel transfer, Golden Circle and Blue lagoon. It's really great! Especially the driver/ tour guide of Golden Circle was excellent! He was very knowledgeable and talked a lot about Iceland's geography, culture, history and interesting facts. The small bus tour had around16 people, I think it's better than other big company with big bus and 50 passengers.

The only thing upset me was the short time in Blue lagoon. The scheduled bus to Blue lagoon was 16:45 and it should take 40 mins, but the bus was late for 30 mins and after picking up other passengers in different hotels, we arrived in Blue lagoon at 18:00. It was a little rush to enjoy the spa and see the outside scene within 2.5 hours. (the return bus was on time 20:30)

We did a tour with another big company, their big bus was late too....

Anyway, we enjoyed the tour very much! Highly recommend Bustravel Iceland! :)

Visited September 2012
3 Thank OrganicCarrot
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour, horrible pickup at airport”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The golden circle tour that Bustravel does is excellent. The tour guide was fun (but not over the top, "let's all have FUN!" as you often get in the US or Europe). We went to the standard sights (Gullfoss, Geysir, etc), but we also got to see an Icelandic Horse show that was completely unexpected. It was quite nice.

However, I have to say that the airport pickup/dropoff experiences were pretty bad. I arrived at midnight on a scheduled flight. It's dark, cold, and raining, and I'm on my own. I have never been to Iceland before. This is not the kind of situation where I want to have to hunt down a bus, but that's what I had to do. Lots of other bus services and hotels had guides standing in the airport in the arrivals area, but not Bustravel Iceland. No signs, nothing. I had to go to the general airport information desk and be told that I had to go out across the parking lot and turn left. I did manage to find the bus, with the driver looking at me with a very unhappy expression. He didn't help me with my bag, or offer any kind of greeting. I was the ONLY person getting on the bus and yet he demanded to know my confirmation number, which I had in a binder in my bag, which I had to dig out and find. Honestly, what are the chances that I would guess the name on his list? The 40 minute drive back to the Reykjavik was in stony silence. (Thankfully, this was NOT the guy who did the Golden Circle tour!) However, he WAS the same guy that picked us up for the airport back, and he was again surly and unhelpful. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but as a first impression of a country, he sucks.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Jay M
Richmond, Virginia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Best Golden Circle Tour for the Value”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We chose this tour because it was cheaper and I expected to be on a huge bus but instead it was a smaller van and it only had 6 people on the tour. The guide was very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about the sites we saw and the Icelandic culture. We purchased the package which took us straight to the Blue Lagoons from the airport, transferred us to our hotel, and then took us on the Golden Circle another day. The transport from the Blue lagoons/airport/hotel was just a ride (no information) and the driver had limited English but this was fine. I would highly recommend this package for the price and if you are trying to decide between this tour and other Golden Circles I urge you to take advantage of the smaller tour groups.

Visited July 2012