“Great way to see all the sights”

Reykjavik Excursions
Book In Advance
More Info
$77.00*
and up
Golden Circle Day Trip from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reykjavik Excursions is the leading organizer of coach and bus tours in Iceland. A fully licensed tour operator and travel agent that offers day trips and guided tours, travelling all over the country since 1968. Our buses offer free wireless internet allowing you to share your experience right away.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We used Reykjavik Excursions for several tours including the Golden Circle, Pony-trekking, and the Blue Lagoon Express, and found them to be very efficient and punctual. The tour guide on the Golden Circle trip was polite and friendly and had lots of interesting information. One thing to watch out for is the difference in "pick-up time" from your hotel and "departure time". The pony-trekking trip had a pick-up time of 12:45 and a departure time of 14:00. We arrived at the hotel after lunch at 13:30 (as most tours ask you to be in the hotel lobby half an hour before departure) and found the riding centre on the phone to the hotel. The tour company was excellent and called us a taxi which they paid for to get us to the riding centre in time for the start of the tour. Even though it was technically our mistake, the ticket provided by Reykjavik Excursions was confusing - just something to look out for. Apart from that, everything was very well organised. Also note that if you go on the Blue Lagoon Express before you fly home, the bus to the airport is included in the price.

4  Thank jezthefez
Write a ReviewReviews (4,325)
All reviews
in 69 reviews
"return journey"
in 41 reviews

Reviewed April 13, 2010

We went on several tours including the Golden Circle, The Northern Lights, Reykjavik City Tour, The Blue Lagoon, and the Volcanoe tour. All of these tours were wonderful. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and we actually saw the Northern Lights and the lava flow from the volcanoe. We learned a lot. One of the best things is that a bus picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off so the whole experience was very easy.

3  Thank dishmouse
Reviewed January 27, 2010

The visit to the Blue Lagoon's scheduled on our last day, a stopover on our way to the Reykjavik international airport before going back home. I was worried that the place'll be overly commercial but it wasn't. Yes, it's very well managed, with all the amenities & facilities you need. The towels are good & clean. The lockers are spacious and secure. And the pool's just fantastic. A very unique and relaxing experience.
Only that I'm really upset by a very rude staff of Reykjavik Excursion on some ticketing issues. I'm instructed by the driver that I can 'upgrade' my ticket (trip to airport) to include this mini trip to the Blue Lagoon on board. Then the ticketing lady told me I couldn't. Worse still she tore my ticket, asked me to get off the bus and do whatever I wanna do at the ticketing counter. I made a complaint to the operator with a half-hearted reply then no further follow up. This was the ONLY lousy customer service experience I'd in Iceland to end my trip.
I highly recommend the place but not this operator.

6  Thank maizebb
Reviewed January 26, 2010

This was pretty amazing , we went on the way from our hotel to the airport and had a few hours to enjoy the whole experience. You can hire everything there so don't even need to take your own trunks , swim suits , towels or robes etc .
Hire a robe I would suggest its 7 euros but well worth it.
It is freezing literally when you first step out but then when getting in the water its lovely , like getting into a hot bath and does not go above shoulder height so non swimmers can enjoy it too!
The mud mask stuff is provided in pots around the pool and massages can be booked in a private area part which is secluded.
There were lots of people there when we went and this did not matter as it was massive and because of the steam you can't see everyone anyway! Childrens arm bands etc were provided and a lagoon bar is good value and you do not need to carry any money as everything is charged to the wrist band that you wear and this works the lockers etc
Locker rooms are all very well equipped and are clean with showers and hair driers etc as well as shower gel and conditioner etc provided.
The bus picks you up from outside and you can keep all your luggage secure in a hut by where the bus stops. Definitely do this is you go to Iceland even if it is just for a few hours..its an amazing experience

5  Thank miketheyid
See more reviews
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I went here on December 28th 2009, and it was snowing - so the idea of a thermal pool outside was amazing to me.

At 23€ entrance it is pricey - try to find a company that does the bus and and entry fee combined. Its about 40km outside Reykjavik near Keflavik airport - but worth the journey.

The inside changing area,cafe etc is all lovely and warm and it is possible to enter the Blue Lagoon from inside then go outside. Don't forget to leave plenty of conditioner in your hair before you get into the water - as otherwise it leaves your hair tatty and horrible.

The pool, waterfall, face mask areas are all great - and a fantastic way to unwind in Iceland.

3  Thank Claire M