“Vidgelmir Lava Caves”

Reykjavik Excursions
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reykjavik Excursions is the leading organizer of coach and bus tours in Iceland. A fully licensed tour operator and travel agent that offers day trips and guided tours, travelling all over the country since 1968. Our buses offer free wireless internet allowing you to share your experience right away.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

We had a great tour of the Lava Caves. The thermal pool was a waste of time but we found a new hotel adjacent with a bar and very pleasant staff. A bonus was the return trip to Reykjavik off the beaten path were the scenery was even more spectacular than visible or imaginable from the main road.

2  Thank 123texastraveler2016
Write a ReviewReviews (5,756)
All reviews
in 70 reviews
"gullfoss waterfall"
in 79 reviews

Reviewed August 28, 2017

We did this tour our first full day in Iceland. I think it's the best tour to start with. Our guide was very knowledgeable and kind. You could tell he really cared about Iceland. Our first stop was the Friðheimar greenhouse, which we really enjoyed. It was very interesting and the tomato soup is amazing. Definitely worth it! I normally am always apprehensive over these types of stops but I really enjoyed it. Then we went to the geothermal area and saw the old Geysir (sadly doesn't erupt anymore) and Strokkur. That was a really cool experience! There's a lunch stop at the geothermal area. If you don't want the soups I would bring your own lunch, it's also expensive. Next we went to Gulfoss, which was breathtaking. Then we stopped at Thingvellir National Park (Þingvellir) which was also beautiful. Our guide really shined there. He had so much knowledge about this area and we really enjoyed the walk through the park. I think we had a good amount of time at each place, our group stuck to the schedule which was nice so we didn't have to rush really. This was a great tour!

1  Thank Kristy A
Reviewed August 27, 2017

I was very happy to see the people in Iceland that they are all very helpful and accommodating. Sigurbergur@arkitektinn.is was very helpful to us when we missed our tour bus and we were very happy to have him as our tour bus guide as he explain everything while we were on our way to visit the sights. He even offer to drop us in our hotel to show us where to get our bus to go to the airport the following day. We would recommend him to other tourist. Thank you so much to Siggi for being so friendly to us to make us feel very welcome and enjoyed our adventure in Iceland.

2  Thank mildredpinkihan
Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

While in Iceland, I booked two tours with this company - Green Energy/Golden Circle and a Whale Watching trip (operated by Special Tours). Their communication is great (via email mostly but you can easily call and talk to a person with any questions). The drivers/tour guides were excellent and always right on time and professional (but also very laid back and fun). I also used their Flybus service to get to and from the airport. It was efficient and easy!

1  Thank Mike S