“Flybus service is unreliable!”

Book In Advance
$104.00*
Reykjanes Peninsula Day Trip from Reykjavik with Optional Blue Lagoon Drop-Off
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reykjavik Excursions is the leading organizer of coach and bus tours in Iceland. A fully licensed tour operator and travel agent that offers day trips and guided tours, travelling all over the country since 1968. Our buses offer free wireless internet allowing you to share your experience right away.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I booked a one-way trip to Keflavik Airport on the Reykjavik Excursions Flybus service. I was told to show up half an hour early in the hotel lobby for a 12:30 pickup. I was there at 11:50, and the bus never came. The man at the hotel front desk called, and Reykjavik Excursions said I should get on the next bus that was due at 1:00. At 1:10 I saw that bus drive past the hotel without stopping. I had to literally run out of the lobby and down to the corner, in the snow, with my luggage, and flag the bus down at the corner. The only reasons I am not missing my flight right now are the fact that I happened to be looking out the window the moment it drove past, a conveniently timed stoplight, and that I had arranged to be at KEF a full 3 hours early today.

If you have a flight to catch, either find another transportation service, or book Flybus at least 2 hours earlier than you think you need to, because they may not show up at all. Terrible service.

1  Thank kelliead42
ReykjavikExcursions, Public Relations Manager at Reykjavik Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Kellie,

I was truly sorry to read about your Flybus experience with us.
I would like to take a closer look at this incident and therefore I kindly ask you to send me your travel date as well as the pick place. Please send these information to: feedback@re.is

Despite this I do hope that you had an enjoyable stay in Iceland.

There are newer reviews for Reykjavik Excursions

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We used the company for the airport transfers and the blue lagoon tour.
Always prompt and on all occasions took us right to our apartment using a smaller mini cab bus transfer from the bus station.
No problems at all and would definitely recommend this company.

3  Thank 27love2travel27

Thank you for your kind words towards our tours and services.
Hope that we will be able to provide the same good service if you return to Iceland.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had two tours booked with RE. One was for the Northern lights Tour and Monster Truck ride which unfortunately was cancelled due to bad weather. We were given he option to rebook for the following night for free but as we had other trips booked we decided to get a full refund for the trip. The second trip we had booked was the golden circle tour and snowmobiling trip which was a full day. The bus collected us from our hotel and took us to the bus terminal where we joined our group for the day.
We had a very informative tour guide (unfortunately I didn't catch his name) he did go on a little bit and his voice was a bit monotone sending my boyfriend to sleep !! But some of his stories and stuff were very interesting !

We had waiting at the bus terminal in the morning which had held us up a little so when we got to the tectonic plates and the waterfalls we only had half an hour to quickly hop off the bus, take a few photos, use the toilet and get back on the bus. To be honest this didn't bother us but I could tell others on our tour weren't impressed with the limited time at each stop. But as it was December we were rushing to get as much done in the limited daylight.

We drove for miles into snow and ice to the monster truck which took us out on to the glacier for snowmobiling. Snowmobiling was amazing, such a fantastic experience, but again it was a very quick turn around.

On the way back stopped at the geysir's and had a little more time to relax and have something to eat.

All in all a very busy day ! We were both absolutely shattered by the end of it ! Would definitely recommend this trip but make sure you get an early night and a good breakfast in the morning !!

Dear traveler,

Nice to see that you were happy with our service.
Hope that you will join one of our tours again if you return to Iceland.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

As we know the touristic time in Iceland is very short for comfort vocation. And everybody knows well when to go. Also everybody know that most inseparable in TO DO list is visiting alma mater NATURE sites and as wild as possible (IMHO). In short summer time (and round year as well) most attractive is a trip by car to the famous sites. You can choose it with trip advisor, google earth before visiting and clarify with local guide for composing in write direction and time. It really amazing country especially if you interested in questions of creation of the world and how does look young Earth. I spend 4 days there and definitely want to come back with family. Most impressive was the contrast of wildest nature and friendly people. That actually main part of vocation success - good mood makers! I visited all around Reykjavik by perfect equipped comfortable TLC Prado and all around Westurland by monster Chevrolet off road bus . Actually you can rent Smart or Yaris to visit Geyser, Gullfoss, Blue Lagun.. etc. But if you are going to ride on Glacier slopes, black volcanic sand on sore, lava fields, mountains, lake fishing, discover thousands of rivers and waterfalls, non touristic geysers and nature spa you have to use special car with giant tires .
There some contact info that can be useful for preliminary booking of your trip :
1. Einar Ólafur Matthíasson <einarmatthiasson@gmail.com> (Einar - TLC Prado)

2. Þórólfur Jarl Þórólfsson <thorolfurjarl@gmail.com> (Thur - Chevrolet).
P.S.: Its highly recommended to plane beforehand trips & hotels. Especially Hotels.

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We came to Iceland for my girlfriends 30th birthday and had an incredible stay! We booked two tours both with RE, the first was the all day Golden Circle tour which I have got to say was incredible (29th November) Guss our tour guide was fantastic and so knowledgeable. it snowed pretty much all day and the views at the Gullfoss-Geysir and pingvellir were out of this world Gus's funny anecdotes about the "elves" and the "Yule lads" made it extra special great tour great value.
Now for the bad.......... The Northern Lights tour was extremely bad!!! Reason 1 the night before'a tour was cancelled this created a backlog of people who were then attended on our night.
Reason 2 our minibus pick up was late and they hadn't arranged for the extra people from the night before to be picked up, hence loads of arguing which on holiday you don't want to hear!
Reason 3. Trying to find a seat on these overly subscribed buses so that you can sit together is almost impossible, they are stuffy and not air conditioned.
Reason4. Tour slated to start at 9pm didn't leave until 930pm
Reason5. Tour was poor we stopped at 2car parks along with 10 full coach loads of people, the second car park we were told that we would be moving on in 30minutes to find another location....... 90 minutes later with no update from our guide as to what was going on and with most people wet cold and fed up we were told we were heading back!!!
No northern lights and ten the tour guide told us that we had seen them???? This tour seems to bank warning you out so you don't want to even contemplate going again the next night! Really shocking and when the tour guide said well you can say you saw the northern lights I felt like losing my temper! Really shocking, if the night before gets cancelled I suggest you get a refund! Let themselves down badly!!!

ReykjavikExcursions, Public Relations Manager at Reykjavik Excursions, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear traveler,

I was sorry to read about your Northern Lights experience with us.
Could you please send me an e-mail to feedback@re.is informing which date you took the Northern Lights tour and which number was on your bus, if you remember, as I would like to take a closer look at that departure.
Looking forward to hearing from you.