“Perfect experience each time”

Book In Advance
More Info
$108.00*
and up
South Shore Adventure from Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reykjavik Excursions is the leading organizer of coach and bus tours in Iceland. A fully licensed tour operator and travel agent that offers day trips and guided tours, travelling all over the country since 1968. Our buses offer free wireless internet allowing you to share your experience right away.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Salisbury, England
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Perfect experience each time”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Used these for the FlybusPlus return from the airport, the Golden Circle Tour, and a return trip to the Blue Lagoon. Each time they offered a perfect, professional service. Picked us up and dropped us off outside, or very close to, our hotel (Reykjavik Residence Hotel). Coaches clean and comfy, with reliable free wifi. All drivers we experienced were friendly, helpful and punctual. Tour guide on the Golden Circle was informative and personable. Highly recommend.

Visited August 2013
ReykjavikExcursions, Public Relations Manager at Reykjavik Excursions, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
On behalf Reykjavik Excursions I would like to thank you for your kind words towards our tours and services. I will pass this on within the company.
A compliment like yours is very encouraging for us and will inspire our staff to keep up their good work.

All the best,

• Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Flybus, Blue Lagoon & Golden Circle Tour”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

They are convent and the busses have wifi on them. The guide we had on The Golden Circle was very good. I am not a fan of day long buss tours to major sites but was glad I went. The Goldfuss Waterfall and The Geysir were really cool to see. The bus to and from the airport was very easy and the schedule was clear. It was super convenient and they pick you up at your hotel. I was staying at airbnb so used the name of a hotel down the street for pick up and drop off and that was fine for me!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Blue Lagoon”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I booked a tour to the blue lagoon with this company. I was picked up on time from the hotel, was taken to the terminal from where I had to hop on another bus which departed the terminal on time as well. On the way back I was dropped off at the hotel. No complaints!

Not disclosed
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fly Bus has attitude problem and dont know their schedules”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Disappointing attitude from the fly bus clerks- they did not know the flight arrival schedule. I had to inform them a plane has landed so they call a bus (buses leave only 45-50min after airplane landing). Then i jokingly said i should be traveling for free since i gave the tip and the clerk said i knew about the plane, just did not see it in the screen. Anyway a tip - check arrival times and even better go to competition!

1 Thank Martchi
ReykjavikExcursions, Public Relations Manager at Reykjavik Excursions, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello "Martchi",
Thank you for your remark despite not being in favour of our service.
A comment like yours is as helpful as compliments as it only helps to improve things that might be better.
I will certainly talk to our staff at the airport.
Hope however that you had an enjoyable stay in Iceland.
Kind regards,
Quality Control
London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Horse riding and Golden Circle Tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Over all, it was a great tour and well organised. I had a fantastic time and the tour covers the perfect circle.

However, I must say that I was quite desappointed with transportation logistic, which was a total chaos!

I waited 45 minutes outside for the shuttle to arrive and when it did I asked the shuttle driver if it was the right bus for the tour I've booked, and he said so. When we arrived at the bus station I realised that I took the wrong shuttle and that my bus was supposed to pick me up directly from my hotel. They put me on another bus, doing the Golden Circle, and they droped me at the racnch for the horse riding. I only met with my group after lunch. As for lunch, they gave 1h30 to eat, which was way too much, considering that there's nothing to do/see on the ranch and that we could've be riding longer.

Then, the bus that picked us up for the Golden Circle tour was 35 minutes late! The bus was already packed (50 people), we were joining another tour, and first thing that they mentionned was that although the bus was late, we had to be back in Reykjavik by 18:00 like it was planned. Thefore, every stop was shorten and we always had to rush back to the bus in order to see the next attraction.

Brilliant tour that was unfortunately disturbed by terrible scheduling and awful planing and, possibly, lack of communiccation with the customer.

I do recommend this tour, as it is one of the two bus tours offred from Reykjavik, unless you wish to book a private tour, but I cannot insist enough on being careful about transportation.

2 Thank Julie C
Dear Julie C,

Thank you for your kind words towards our tour and organisation.
I was though sorry to read about your pick up service problems and the delay of the tour.
We always take action and investigate each incident (fortunately they are very few per year).

I would like to take a closer look at this case but in order to do so I need to ask you to send me your travelling date and it would help if you have a booking number.
Kindly send these information by e-mail to: feedback@re.is
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,