“This was the best day tour I have been on anywhere.”
Review of Salty Tour

Salty Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: SaltyTours is a family based company aiming on private tours for small groups on Icelandic nature with personal service and certificated guides .
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I arrived in Iceland from an overnight flight from the USA. My wife had scheduled the tour for me and told me where to meet Thorsteinn, but I was in the wrong spot. He found me.

Two other people and I got on the very clean minibus. Even though we were scheduled to pick up two more people in Reykjavik, Thorsteinn began the tour immediately. He provided interesting facts and intelligent insight into the geology, the people, the climate and just about anything else on the Reykjanes and in Reykjavik. Want to see where Bjork lives? You'll see it. Want to try fermented shark? You'll get to. Want to blow glass? Yep. That too. He showed us more traditional things as well: Hot springs, coastal views, lava fields, etc.

Thorsteinn is an amicable person. He follows a planned route, but is willing to adapt the tour to the interests of his clients. By the end of the tour, I felt like I'd made new friends in other tourists and Torsteinn.

1  Thank tedgin
SaltyTours, Manager at Salty Tour, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2011

Thank you for this great review, we or so pleased that you were satisfied with our service, thank you.

All reviews
"day trip"
in 5 reviews
"keflavik airport"

Reviewed March 15, 2011

How amazing was this trip. It doesn't appear to be a popular one for some reason - but its just brilliant. ( I think just not promoted enough perhaps. We stayed in the city for 6 days and this was one of the best trips we did. We were on a mini bus with 3 others and you first have a tour around Reykjavik and then visit some amazing and beautiful places including : wonderful lava flows, little picturesque towns, hot springs, (smellym, but fun) hot sulphar springs, the tectonic plates that join Europe to North America, beautiful mountains and cliffs with wonderful wildlife, a no obligation glass blowing small factory, to mention a few place. You start your action packed day at 9am and get dropped off at 4pm (unless you are delayed like we were after being stuck in the mountains in snow and our driver having to dig us out - great fun, and made the trip more exciting!) Our driver Thorsteinn was brilliant and full of information and gave you plenty of stops to take pictures of the wonderful scenery. The Reykjanes has landscape that belongs on another planet. A truly wonderful day out. When you go to the Blue Lagoon, you can stay there until late and catch a choice of buses back to your hotel. Would definately recommend this trip - a brilliant day out!

3  Thank HelenSouthWestUK
Reviewed December 3, 2010

This tour was fantastic. Throughout the entire day the tour guide went above and beyond making the tour, interesting, informative and interactive. The tour guide Thorstienn is very knowledgeable indeed and spent a lot of time answering questions and sharing his knowledge and making us laugh. He is a genuine person and takes pride and pleasure in showing his guests a region of Iceland that he has intimate knowledge of. The region itself is full of many things, that you would never find if you hired a rental car and hoped to find things yourself.

It was also great to end the day at the Blue Lagoon too, plenty of time to spend there and get back into Reykjavik for a late dinner.

We did other tours whilst in Iceland and they were good - but this was by far the best.
If you are looking for a great tour whilst in Iceland then I recommend this to you without hesitation. I hope you had as much fun as we did.

1  Thank RichardGibson
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Salty tours was an extremely varied look at this part of Iceland,with an extremely friendly and well versed tour guide. The tour gave us a great look at various landscapes, and experiences such as Shark tasting, bird watching, and the SaltFish museum, ending up at the Blue Lagoon. We highly recommend this tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We recently travelled to England on Iceland Air. We opted to stay one day in Iceland before proceeding onto England. We are so glad we did. My daughter found a wonderful tour company www.saltytours.is our tour guide Thorsteinn was wonderful. He was so passionate about his country and so knowledgeable. We were picked up at 7:30 am at the Keflavik airport and spent the day touring around until 4 pm when we were dropped off at Blue Lagoon. Blue Lagoon was amazing, so relaxing. We could stay as long as we liked and then we were picked up again and brought to our wonderful Hotel Keflaviik. Everyone was so friendly. Viking beer is great. Definitely consider this stop on your way to England.
Debbie, Jim, Chris & Emily