“Great location”
Review of Central Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Central Apartments
Ranked #56 of 110 Specialty Lodging in Reykjavik
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed at Central Apartments last October. It wasn't super fancy, but it was clean and nice. The location was great. Almost everything in Reykjavik was within walking distance. I would highly recommend it. We met other travellers who paid more for their hotel and were further away from the centre of the city. People on the street below are loud and whoop it up late on Friday and Saturday night, but you should be out and about whooping it up if you're in Iceland on the weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed at the Central Apartments for five nights. My apartment was airy and spacious and quite nicely furnished. The bed was very comfortable and the kitchen facilities were good. The bathroom in my apartment was a bit rundown and the lighting was really poor -- very, very dim. A cleaner came midway through my stay and gave the place a light going-over (not much attention was needed since I am a tidy person), which was nice.

The location is in the thick of things in the old city centre ... very convenient for seeing many of the sights of the city, and for practical stuff like grocery-shopping, etc., but it's pretty outrageously noisy on a Friday or Saturday night, when the streets teem from midnight til dawn with partyers. I was okay since I had earplugs with me, but without them, I doubt I would have slept on those nights. Weeknights, noise was not an issue.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you plan to stay here on a Friday or Saturday night. Also, don't shop at the K...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We had booked a studio but got upgraded to a bigger apartment which made our stay even more enjoyable. The apartment is brand new and the furniture was very modern. We had a queen bed and two twins and a kitchen area with a dining table and a couch. I was very pleased with the location. We also had rented a car and the hotel had a parking spot, which made it very easy. We were only in Iceland for the weekend and went on the Golden Circle tour on Satrurday. It was very convenient to park our car when we got to Reykjavik and be able to walk around that night and the next day and not be worried about the car until we had to leave for the airport. I read some reviews about the noise before we booked. We stayed there on a Saturday night and our apartment was on the 3rd floor with windows facing both streets (kitchen and bedroom). The windows are definitely in need of better soundproofing, but we had no problem sleeping. I think if you have had a day full of adventures, the noise is insignificant. Great price for the location! The hotel staff was also very courteous, our GPS led us to the incorrect location and he came and met us and guided us to the hotel. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if I am in Reykjavik.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zue_12
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We spent 3 nights with my mom in the apartment during our third trip to Reykjavik... we were in the loft apartment at the top floor. the check in went very well, we just called them from the airport and there was one person from the staff waiting for us to give us the keys, explain us some things about the apartments and to offer assistance if needed. The furniture and facilities of the apartment were great.

As said location is great, close to everything: bars, restaurants, attractions. The noise was not a big issue as we read before, but is understandable that could be for others. It had a very home feeling...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JorgeKr
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Waiting at the airport, ready to get on our flight we had a call from the owners, "We're very sorry, but we've had a plumbing issue in your apartment." Oh no I thought, but not to worry, we were moved to another apartment just up the road, which was bigger and in a quieter street, but still very much in the middle of the action.
The apartment was clean and airy, English satellite channels, good kitchen, well furnished with Sweden's finest.
Well recommended. Great value!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveAllart
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My cousin and I spent 2 nights at Central Apartments in a 1 BR studio. The owner met us at the exact time we promised to arrive. This was a plus as it is a little difficult to get your U.S. mobile to work in Reykjavik. He let us in, walked us through how to work everything in the apartment and offered further assistance if needed - we never saw him again because we didn't need to.
The studio had a double bed and a very large sofa. Two of us were quite comfortable. There was a tiny kitchen, table, coffee pot, sink and fridge. We stored some items there but didn't cook. The bathroom is tiny but we were very comfortable here. The decor was clean and comfy and the heat worked well for the very cold few days we spent there. The location was literally perfect and since we did not stay over a weekend the outdoor noise was at a minimum. Make sure to visit the Laundromat Cafe two blocks away and eat dinner at the Fiskfelagid Fish Co. around the corner. It is easy to walk all over Reykjavik from here and see the sights. The Indian/Pakistani spot across the street is delicious as well. Overall this spot was very inexpensive and unless you absolutely need the luxury of a hotel, it really felt like home to us.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank pepebrie
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We loved the apartment, very comfortable and clean with everything we needed. The location was perfect - so convenient for restaurants, bars etc. The weekend noise we'd read about was not a problem - we were so tired we slept through it! The owner was extremely kind and helpful to us - especially as we were delayed and he'd been hanging around waiting for us. we'd definately use this place again.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family