Tripadvisor
Reykjavik
Reykjavik Excursions Northern Lights Tour
Review Highlights
Long night but with patience saw it.

We were picked up from our stop at 7:30. We then joined the bigger bus at the main bus station. The... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Tamc288
berkshire
We were lucky

Well organised tour with a friendly and informative guide. We pulled in to a parking area (not the... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
V8842YYhelenb
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from $43.45
from $40.67
from $80.22
from $134.00
1,522 results
All reviews first night reykjavik excursions northern lights naked eye green light wrap up warm clear night long exposure clear skies camera settings aurora forecast national park magical experience bucket list take photos picked up from our hotel light show
Selected filters
Reviewed January 17, 2020

If you take the northern lights tour, you’re taking a chance on whether the northern lights appear or not. The tour operator has NO CONTROL over this. In addition, the websites that predict the northern lights are far from certain. Even on nights considered as having a good probability, it may not happen. Or it might happen after the tour heads home for the night. You might head back to town at midnight and then the northern lights appear at 3 am. So my advice is to roll the dice and go. You might be lucky. But no matter what you do, if you go in the winter, DRESS VERY WARMLY. If you’re going to stand around looking for the northern lights at 11 pm on a winter night, it will be very cold. So dress for it. No kidding, really dress to try to stay warm. And if you don’t see the northern lights, DON’T BLAME THE TOUR GUIDE. They don’t have a master switch to turn them on and off. Take your chance and enjoy the experience, whatever happens.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

Be prepared to search for awhile, but when you see them it's worth it. I never did see them with my eyes, but my camera was able to pick up the lights. The tour guide helped with my camera settings and the pictures turned out great. They were very knowledgeable and professional. Your was great.

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Our initial tour was cancelled and rebooked the next day. Pick up at hotel. Driven to a main station where we boarded another bus. Great site in the National park. Sky cleared for about 1 hour however the lights never materialized. Company offered to rebook so we could see them but then bad weather rolled in on the following night.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

I chose this company bus travel Iceland - Your Small-Group Premium Northern Lights Tour due to advertisement of professional staff to look at places to see Northern lights . I have an app about clouds cover yet the bus chose the area that has forecast cloud cover . The day that they finally allowed us to go ( got cancelled 2x prior ) I thought they will go a bit to the south east which the forecast for clouds is clear. There were 4 buses that met on certain location and exchange people around before going to certain location because I didn’t see the other bus again . I wish we have a choice of bus that will go a certain location that night . I’m assuming each bus go on certain location each night . So happen our bus went to North east in which forecast for cloud cover that night . I mentioned that I and my friends got cancelled 2 x because of low visibility and clouds and yet we saw the northern lights ourselves the first day we got cancelled , just walking at the ocean side of Reykjavík with the guidance of the Aurora app. We decided to proceed with the so called “Small-Group Premium Northern Lights Tour “ because they might have a better map or weather app that they can check exactly the best location to go. look for other tour company that know what they are doing . I know northern lights is unpredictable but being in the right location with the right tools in hand will come a long way.

1  Thank Goneflying143
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

We were not fortunate enough to see the lights but our guide, Eric, was fabulous. Knowledgeable, friendly and possibly the most helpful tour guide ever. This included setting up people's cameras, making arrangements for people to get home and chatting to everybody while waiting.