I spent 4 nights in The Capital Inn in Reykjavik due to a business trip. First I was a bit shocked because the furniture looked very cheap and old. My room was clean, it had a good bed and a nice new shower (superior double room).
Unfortunatelly, I was facing the highway and the window didn't close properly so it was extremely loud the whole time, too at night. I travelled at the end of May, when there is almost no night and the curtains were not long enought to cover the window, so I had always light. This was OK for me as I was prepared for it.
What I liked was the bed, the shower and that you are only a couple of meters away from the see.
What I didn't like is:
- It is far away from Reykjavik city centre, around 40 minutes walking.
- I was giving several times wrong information by the employees for example:
* I was told breakfast would be served starting at 8. I had to leave earlier. Afterwards I found out that it was served at 7
* I was told it would take 20-25 minutes to walk to Reykjavik and that I should take the see side. Unfortunatelly there are no maps and the guy at the reception was unable to tell me which path to follow. It takes 40 minutes to get to the centre.
- The owner wan not very helpfull. His answer always was "I am not the owner of American Express". Instead of talking to the people who gave me the wrong information, he passed the responsability of all mistakes to the credit card institute.
- The prices of the restaurant, although in euros, are only approximately. Of course nobody informed me about this so I was surprised when I got my credit card clearance.
The biggest problem was the invoice. I had a reservation for 58 euros per night and when I arrived I was asked if I would like to pay in EUR or in ISK. As my reservation was in euros and my european company would pay for the stay, I asked to pay in euros. Unfortunatelly they have charged me a different price because I paid with AMEX. None of this information was giving to me at the moment of payment and the invoice I was given was wrong I was told I could get a corrected invoice, but they wrote me later that it was not possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Capital-Inn is ideally positioned for you to experience all that the vibrant city of Reykjavik has to offer. You are within easy walking distance to great restaurants and cafés and impressive shopping at the ,,Kringlan"shopping mall. The ,,Perlan" is just up the street from us, the city centre and the geothermal beach are also just minutes away.The Capital-Inn offers accommodation in spacious budget rooms with shared or private facilities. The guest-house also offers hostel beds on its ground floor with shared facilities. The guest-house offers guests in private rooms a complimentary breakfast, the guests staying in the hostel beds have usage of a large kitchen and a walk-in fridge. The guest-house offers bicycle rental, it also has a new pool table and a seating area where there is a small section with books for guests to borrow while they are staying here. Free Wi-Fi internet access is available in the whole building as well as free parking. Situated near the airport, in Reykjavik, this guesthouse is close to Reykjavik University, Hallgrimskirkja, and Perlan. Also nearby are Kringlan Shopping Mall and Kopavogur Art Museum.Hotel restaurant. In addition to a restaurant, The Capital-Inn features ski storage. Other amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, laundry service. Premium satellite Televisions come with premium satellite channels. Guest rooms also feature complimentary wireless Internet access, desks, and clock radios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Capital-Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Capital Hotel