“Good coffee, funky harborfront location”
Review of Cafe Haiti

Cafe Haiti
Ranked #65 of 504 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Cafe Haiti is by Reykjavik's Old harbor. We buy our coffee from farmers in Haiti. We roast the coffee in the shop and serve quality coffee as espresso, macchiato, cappuccino, latte, Arabic and Turkish coffee as well as tea and hot chocolate. Soups, cake´s and croissants as well as our fumes breakfast so if you are coming from the flight in the morning the stop and see us for breakfast and we also have good lunch and sandwiches. We also have food to go if you are going on the whale watching.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Cafe Haiti provides the beans for many of Reykjavik's restaurants and the espresso is quite good. The harborfront location brings in locals as well as tourists. Our food was mediocre (a soggy quiche and an unappetizing blueberry dessert), but the people drinking the fish soup seemed to be liking their food more. But we enjoyed it anyway for the coffee and people watching.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A cute little cafe wi great tea and coffee. The Swiss coffee was soon yummy and warm after being cold on our whale watching trip. The desserts were also really lovely but the coffee and tea and kind service were more than enough!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't get all the glowing reviews on here for this place. My husband and I stopped in on our first day in Reykjavik to escape the cold for a while and I found the two women working here to be quite rude. Neither were the owner, maybe that is why, but the one practically threw my husband's plate down on the table in a huff and neither wanted to acknowledge our presence when we went up to the counter to order. The coffee itself was not very good and the croissant was average. There were a few other customers that were locals so it's not like they were very busy. I would advise against stopping in, there are much better coffee places for tourists to check out where you will get kind service, such as C is for Cookie.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

An excellent cafe to take a little rest! The coffee was good, the salmon dish was good, and my daughter really enjoyed the desert (chocolate something?? I didn't get a good look at it since she enjoyed eating it.). Second year in a row I enjoyed stopping here.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Fantastc coffee!!! The atmosphere was fun with board games and a handy guitar to play. The staff was excellent, and the food was good, but not great.