“A warm haven by the harbour” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Haiti
Ranked #43 of 455 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Haiti is a small cafe by Reykjavik's Old harbor. We buy our coffee from farmers in Haiti. We roast the coffee in the shop and serve quality coffee as espresso, macciato, cappuccino, latte, Arabic and Turkish coffee as well as tea and hot chocolate. Soups, pies and croissants as well as our fumes breast so if you are coming from the flight in the morning the stop and see oss for breakfast and we also have good lunch. We also have food to go if you are going on the whale watching. We have sometime live music so be in touch and hope you are in town when we have live music.
Hexham, Northumberland
“A warm haven by the harbour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I sadly discovered this place on my last day in Reykjavik or else I would have gladly frequented this place for my morning coffee. Lovely warm surroundings, great coffee, and luxurious hot chocolate too. I don't have a sweet tooth but the cakes and pastries looked homemade and good too.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
Hamburg, Germany
“Best coffee in Reykjavík”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love this cafe, it's warm, welcoming with an abundance of charm. It is easily the best coffee in the city, the beans are imported from Haiti and roasted in house. You can spend a relaxing morning down by the harbour and later stopping in for pönnukökur and a delicious cup of coffee.

There are also a number of other snacks and light meals available on the menu, and the place fills up quickly at lunchtime.

The staff are really welcoming and friendly, there's a really nice vibe here. It's definitely a must for coffee lovers.

• Visited August 2012
Trnava, Slovakia
“fine energy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

this is not really fancy place.. just to let to know all the snobbish coffee vagabonds..
BUT it is the most tasty coffee I´ve get in Reykjavik from the most positive radiant energy people I could meet in old harbor there..

Love their haitian coffee and the smell of their coffee.house.

First place in Reykjavik, where they understood what I want by asking RISTRETTO :)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank MartinaKasubova
London
“Great Happy Hour cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

We found this cafe using an iPhone app as we looking to enjoy the happy hour discount. The cafe was lovely-a great harbour location, friendly staff, a selection of games if you so wish and of course, really cheap drinks during the happy hour!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jonathan M
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Best Café in the Northern Hemisphere of planet Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I live by the old harbour in Reykjavík, around the corner from Café Haiti. Since the café opened I have become a regular guest there. At first, it was just for a nice cup of coffee, which then evoloved into going there for the most-important-cup-of-coffee-of-the-day, and now, this is the place I go for appoinments and to have meetings as well. Often I start my day of work at Café Haiti. I take my work with me, have a quiet moment, sort out mails and stuff.

There is something about this place thas is totally unique. The coffee is the best in town, the surroundings are authentic, and the seagull´s squawking remind me of my childhood home. But I think what made me fall for it is the spirit surrounding the couple who run the place. This kind of spirit does not have a name, but passes through the place like a pleasant breeeze, and can be placed somewhere between effortless, brightening presence and bottomless generousity.

• Visited January 2013