Open today: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM

from $139.00
from $167.60
from $108.40
1,238 results
All reviews hot golden circle secret lagoon small group northern lights tour our tour guide the bus national park blue lagoon glacier lagoon tour south shore adventure other companies great tour icelandic horses small bus extra stops small tour first night
Reviewed May 9, 2017

We only had a few days in Iceland, and we were put in touch with Ian at Gateway to Iceland who customised a trip for a group of us to taken around the main sites on the Golden Circle tour ending up at the Secret Lagoon.
Ian as Driver/Guide was great as he is an ex-pat from the UK so is able to relate to people coming to Iceland, and of course is a native English speaker.
I highly recommend them!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Paddy M
Gateway2Iceland, Manager at Gateway to Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write us a nice review. We're glad to hear that you liked our Hot Golden Circle tour and our guide Ian.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

We booked the Hot Golden Circle through the I Heart Reykjavik site which was a good recommendation and I didn't have to read through endless reviews of other tour groups. The day started for myself and my 21yr old son at 10am which was really nice to be able to get breakfast or sleep in, the bus was small and only made 3 stops for other guests, I think about 12-15 ppl in total. Andre A was great, very accommodating, efficient, nice, funny and so informative. Granted we lucked out and had fabulous weather, all sun and no wind which apparently is unusual but every stop was so worth it even if the weather isn't cooperating. I highly recommend this all day tour, the scenery, the geyser, the horses, the waterfall and pools were so wonderful, Andre A also made a couple of additional stops that were great too!

1  Thank Elizabeth T
Gateway2Iceland, Manager at Gateway to Iceland, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Clearly you were very lucky with the weather, because trust us - sunshine and warm weather is not very common in Iceland especially before the official summer months. We will definitely share your kind words with our guide Andres A.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

What a fabulous day. This company came particularly recommended by our hotel and by our guidebook, and they were spot on. Stefan was a wonderfully droll and funny guide, extremely knowledgeable (an ex-teacher as well as having run a music school, amongst his many and varied life experiences). Others have written about the sites covered by the tour, and these speak for themselves : just astounding, but I did really appreciate the context given by the guide, and the small care given to making the experience as comfortable as possible for everyone (parking extremely close to the sites where possible; making a quick detour to comfortable bathrooms and a coffee shop nearby instead of making do with portaloos with the hoardes at the end of the walk through the national park; bringing towels for everyone for the Secret Lagoon; even offering to order beers for us all if we wanted at at the latter, to avoid us having to do so in advance /get out in our swimmers). I also saw the size of some of the other tour groups and their buses : we were only 9, so no waiting around for 30 people to shower or go to the bathroom or whatever. I should add, we normally prefer explore independently, but this did so not feel like a typical bus tour: it did on the other hand let us maximise the time we did have here. Last thing to add : I was initially a bit hesitant about "missing out" on the blue lagoon : ha. Not at all. The Secret Lagoon is the real deal, and wonderfully relaxing. Thank you, Gateway to Iceland and notably the genuine and entertaining Stefan!

Date of experience: May 2017

Hello and thank you so much for your kind words and wonderful review. We really appreciate the time you spent writing those kind words. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our tour and will be sure to forward your kind review to our guide Stefan. I'm sure it will make his day. Do let us know if you ever visit Iceland again.

Reviewed May 5, 2017

The Reykjanes tour I booked was canceled just the day before on 19:00pm due to strong wind. You can check the weather on May 2, 2017. I highly recconmend to use other tour operators if you want to secure your tour dispite the strong wind which is normal in Iceland (I heard). On May 1, 2017 the weather I think the worse than May 2, the other tour company conducted their tour with strong wind and rain. So I believe that there are better companies who can operate the tour even the wind is strong.

1  Thank SARI7779

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our decision to cancel your tour, and we fully understand your worries. However, the Icelandic weather is not to be taken lightly. Strong winds and rain can cause slippery roads and create safety hazards for our guide and our guests, which is why we make conscious decisions to cancel when we feel that the conditions are unsafe. It is true that strong winds are common in Iceland, but it really depends on the road conditions if it creates a safety hazard. Our guest's safety is our main priority which is why we would rather cancel a tour and offer to rebook for another day or give a full refund rather than risk an accident.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Andres A could possible be the best tour guide going.The tour itself was spectacular but he was so funny with an incredible knowledge of everything Icelandic (and beyond). If all the tour guides are as good as him, you can't go wrong with this company. A huge thanks for making this a holiday to remember

Date of experience: May 2017

Hello and thank you so much for your wonderful recommendation of our guide Andres A, we will definitely be sure to forward it to him. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your time in iceland and on our tour.