“Best Adventure Ever!”

Iceland Unplugged
Ranked #128 of 289 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Premium guided tours, with us you’ll take the road less travelled, discover hidden sweet spots, avoid crowds and get closer to nature while also checking out the more popular must see natural wonders of Iceland. The often unpredictable weather can play a large role when traveling in Iceland, so flexibility and experience can be the key to a great trip. Exquisite gourmet meals, local delicacies & drinks included. Big fun on private tours, and in small groups. Our mission is to maximize the value of your time in Iceland.
Reviewed September 6, 2017

If you ever wanted to experience everything that Iceland has to offer : Glaciers, icebergs, volcanoes, lava tubes, hot springs, geysers, etc. this is the best way to do it. A Tailor-made guided tour de force. The best equipment, facilities, vehicles, and most importantly expert guides - make for an unforgettable experience. I have travelled to more than 50 countries and this was one of the most memorable adventures.

Date of experience: May 2017
"golden circle"
"our tour guide"
"northern lights"

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Teitur is the most exceptional tour guide in the business. He knows everything about the magical country that is Iceland and better yet, will take you to the most magnificent spots while still avoiding other tourists. I've sent over 10 friends his way, and even had my parents spend a few days with him recently. I only wish I could clone him for every other country I visit.

Date of experience: July 2017
3  Thank Lauren B
Reviewed September 4, 2017

My husband and I spent a truly amazing week with Teitur in Iceland. Despite inclement weather, Teitur brought us to the heart and soul of Iceland. We visited remote areas and there was always something unexpected; from revealing a nest of tiny just hatched chicks with their eyes not yet open, to descending between the tectonic plates to hidden thermal pools. Taitur is not only world famous in Iceland- he is totally fun, flexible and worldly.

Date of experience: June 2017
3  Thank Sandy P
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Teitur is simply the best. My wife and I have toured with him twice now, and both trips were some of the most memorable we've ever had. We constantly talk about how we can't wait to go back and tour with Teitur and Iceland Unplugged, and we're hoping to make it happen soon.

We were first connected with Iceland Unplugged / Teitur after scouring the internet for a company that would take us to the glacial lagoon in a one day trip. Teitur was the only person we could find - and we instantly booked the trip due to all of the positive reviews we found about him. Not only was the glacial lagoon as magical as the pictures hinted, but Teitur also showed us so many more amazing spots - like waterfalls, lagoons, black sand beaches, etc - that we instantly knew we had to come back to Iceland as soon as possible. So we decided to go back a year later (and link up with Teitur once again, of course).

For our second trip, we brought along two friends. We told Teitur to "show us some things we've never seen before", and he didn't disappoint. We explored caves, glacial tubes, glaciers, abandoned planes, and once again visited the glacial lagoon that connected us with Teitur in the first place. We also saw a ton of northern lights. Teitur is great as spotting them when it gets dark out (and the rest of the group is asleep in the car).

Since touring with Teitur, I've recommended countless friends and family members to him for their Iceland trips - and I continue to do so to this day. I simply can't recommend this company enough. If you're going to Iceland, you need to connect with Teitur and Iceland Unplugged. It'll be one of the best trips of your life.

Date of experience: March 2017