“Butterfly Guest House is very clean and comfortable and conveniently located guest house.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Reykjavik
Butterfly Guesthouse
Ranked #8 of 109 Reykjavik B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Reykjavik is a very lovely, walkable city with lots to do. While staying in Reykjavik at the Butterfly Guesthouse I was in a comfortable and clean private room with a desk, double bed and internet access and my room as well as another guest room shared the bathroom. The bathroom was always clean. Private rooms with bath included and small apartments are also available here. A communal kitchen with cooking utensils and cheese, bread, cereal and milk along with other goodies was always available. The owners were also generous with their time to answer any questions I had, which allowed me to explore the region with more confidence. The next time I go to Reyjkavik I plan to stay at the Butterfly Guest House.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed August 15, 2010

From the first contact the owner Jon proved to be helpful, humorous and serviceminded. He readily provided useful and reliable info for our trip whenever asked. Jon cares for his guesthouse in the same way he cares for his guests - with genuine, lasting respect and love. We always received more service than we expected. We rented a car from Jon for the first days exploring the south coast of Iceland, returned to a hearty welcome w schnapps and enjoyed our nights and mornings in very comfortable and quiet surroundings while exploring in and around Reykjavik. Later we hiked Laugarvegurinn, and returning to civilization we again were welcomed with a warm smile, schnapps, a warm shower, and wonderful beds. Whenever I go to Reykjavik again (this was my fifth visit and I will go again) Butterfly Guesthouse will be my home.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2010

After spending 4 days at Butterfly Guesthouse I can only recommend it to others. The service is friendly, the breakfast large and good (selfservice ind a nice kitchen), the rooms are good and the beds has just the softness you'll need after a long day exploring Iceland.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My wife, 13-year-old son and I stayed two nights. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was a five minute walk into the center of town. The owner was very helpful in arranging transportation for us and providing us information. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rsg1952
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The location is really great for getting to the city center. The rooms are very small. The shared bathrooms are fine. There is a shared kitchen but no sitting room so one is forced to stay in a tiny room if at the B&B. Basically you get what you pay for with a very good location

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rweis1d
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights. Owner arrived early to let us in as we had an early flight. Close to centre of Town and plenty of Parking. In my experience you get what you pay for. Value for Money

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkMo
Reviewed September 20, 2008

My husband and I researched a lot for a reasonable place to stay since Reykjavik can be quite expensive, and it was our first trip to Iceland.

We spent our first few nights at the Butterfly Guesthouse which was clean and comfortable. It has a shared kitchen with breakfast basics (ie fruit, cereal, milk & full kitchen with pots, pans, dishes etc). It also has on-site laundry facilities for guests and the owner is quite accommodating.

The floor we stayed on had several rooms with private toilets, but we all had to share the shower, which was the only (and very small) inconvenience. But if you coordinate things right with the other guests, you can work around it.

We would recommend it to fellow travellers.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CriticInOntario