“Icelandic-Asian fusion”

Neighborhood: Miõborg
Los Angeles
“Icelandic-Asian fusion”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had lunch here. I was expecting something more traditional, but really liked the sushi bar/Scandinavian fusion vibe. We had a late lunch here and it wasn't too crowded - the downstairs dining room was mostly full when we started and empty when we left at 2pm. Our food was inventive, albeit very rich. Come hungry if you do a tasting menu!

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
South Hadley, Massachusetts
“This place has it all: delicious food, artistic presentation, and atmosphere galore”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I ate here on my last night in Iceland. It was late, I had been running around trying to get presents for everyone, I was pretty chilly, and I was hungry. And this place has it all. The service is phenomenal. The interior design is impeccable. They arrange the food on the plate like a work of art. And the food is delicious. Also, it feels and looks like a really nice restaurant, but it's not snobby. I was dressed casually in jeans and felt comfortable there.

I ordered the vegetarian spring rolls because I was tired and wanted to make it a quick-ish meal, so no appetizers or anything. Also, I don't like seafood -- yeah, yeah, I know, Iceland is known for its amazing seafood... Then one of the wait staff came over and presented me with a small appetizer - gratis. Maybe they thought I couldn't afford to get more than my entrée? At any rate, the gesture was incredibly gracious of them. It was salmon on a cracker with some sort of sesame sauce, but describing it that way does it an injustice. It was a miniature work of art. I may not like seafood, but I wasn't about to be rude, so of course I ate it. And I could tell that someone who appreciates seafood probably would have thought it was the best salmon they ever ate. My "quick" meal lasted longer than anticipated, because I couldn't pass up their warm chocolate cake. It did not disappoint.

One tip on eating in Iceland generally - don't do the currency conversion math. This isn't specific to the Fish Market, but to all restaurants and cafes. How much you are paying in your own currency will just shock you and interfere with the experience, so just eat and enjoy and put the math on hold. Maybe console yourself with the fact that the purest water in the world comes straight out of the tap in Iceland - free.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jen H
New York City, New York
“Incredible Tasting Menu!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Having read other reviews about The Fish Market, I was excited to try the tasting menu - which did not disappoint! Course after course (I believe there were 8 or 9 in total), the quality remained consistently high, and we had the opportunity to taste some of Iceland's famed foods, including reindeer with truffles and some puffin. By far one of the most memorable meals I've had while traveling.

• Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Was recommended this place by our tour guide , and it was full the day we wanted to try it so we went back another day.

Food had great presentation. Service stuff was great.
The food tasted ok only. We had the puffin starter and was interesting to eat.
The ribs was below average. The best was probably the lamb and fish dishes.

For the price point , maybe you can get better food elsewhere in Reykjavik.

• Visited September 2013
Boise, Idaho
“The Best Shrimp Ever!!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Truly the best shrimp I've ever had!!! Wonderful, young wait staff. In fact, we went back the next night just for the shrimp. Don't miss this Iceland eatery.

• Visited September 2013