“The BEST Cinnamon Roll in Iceland”
Review of Braud & Co

Braud & Co
Ranked #1 of 89 Quick Bites in Reykjavik
Reviewed October 30, 2016

We had the distinct pleasure of stopping in at this tiny bakery on Frakkastigur in the middle of the afternoon one Sunday just as they were taking the latest batch of cinnamon rolls out of the oven. The young lady behind the counter was almost apologetic and told me to be careful eating it. My wife and I stopped in the small square a few doors down from the bakery to nibble it and we both agreed it was the best cinnamon roll we had ever eaten! It was made of a buttery brioche-style dough that literally melted in our mouth. It was so good we went back and bought two more for breakfast the next day as well as a loaf of sourdough bread. We stood in line behind a few people who couldn't decide what to buy and we assured them the cinnamon rolls would not disappoint. I never do that sort of thing but I couldn't resist here. I've been home a month and still dream about those cinnamon rolls. .

Date of visit: September 2016
3  Thank RCSColumbus
Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Hi all
This place is simply wonderful , everything tastes fresh , baked in front of you

If you want to have breakfast , grab a snack , that's a must see /try stop in Reykjavik

Cheers!
T

1  Thank Ttimos
Reviewed October 28, 2016

We stumbled upon this one morning as we walked to town. The pastries look so inviting we couldn't pass them up. Got the apple and a hazelnut pastry and they were amazing. Small place but you can see that it is all fresh and well worth the money.

1  Thank RoboNole
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Best bread ever, and we had an unreal chocolate chip rye muffin. Quick service and some of the best facial hair I've seen! Super cool but with substance.

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed October 26, 2016

We wanted to hop in and have a nice breakfast with a cup of coffee as I thought its a breakfast place. It is a bakery with 2 bar seats at the entrance, some smoothies in the fridge and a thermos with coffee. They had croissants, breads and some other pastries which tasted delicious and the guy at the counter was nice but I couldn't let go my expectations and didn't like the place that much. If you are going there to find a take away bakery then you'll love it but please don't expect to find a cute breakfast place behind the gorgeous rainbow wall.